Acquisitions - January 2022

View attachment 82519

I’ve enjoyed shaving with the Wilkinson bonded razor and reckon it will make a great travel razor so I managed to pick up a few more NOS blades.
Good catch! Indeed, the Bonded system is rather good. The good ole Russians copied it under the Sputnik brand - as a curio you might find a handle on the usual bidding sites.

Good catch! Indeed, the Bonded system is rather good. The good ole Russians copied it under the Sputnik brand - as a curio you might find a handle on the usual bidding sites.
Cheers, that’s interesting info about the Sputnik. A Sputnik handle would be an interesting find.

The comfort of this Wilkinson single blade cart has really impressed me. My shaving routine is usually 2 – 3 times a week. I'm prone to irritation if I over shave so in between shaves are kept to a minimum and my skin has been transformed since adopting this less regular routine.
Over the festive period I shaved twice in between routine shaves with this bonded blade and it was superb. No skin issues and no irritation even with the light growth.
Admittedly its not quite as close as I can get with some DEs but still more than satisfactory results and for a mild shave with little growth its been
a great surprise find.

Cheers, that’s interesting info about the Sputnik. A Sputnik handle would be an interesting find.

The comfort of this Wilkinson single blade cart has really impressed me. My shaving routine is usually 2 – 3 times a week. I'm prone to irritation if I over shave so in between shaves are kept to a minimum and my skin has been transformed since adopting this less regular routine.
Over the festive period I shaved twice in between routine shaves with this bonded blade and it was superb. No skin issues and no irritation even with the light growth.
Admittedly its not quite as close as I can get with some DEs but still more than satisfactory results and for a mild shave with little growth its been
a great surprise find.
The Sputnik cartridges were twin blade but the Wilko cartridges fitted perfectly well.

AM-JKLUYeyashMum8SsBwbhTbHC58JhNWVqFhOUBQkfD6Db41ngVvq6mpSUrcYEC0OG-eQrZ1yrDG1qqadPftzMTGPIcGOMqSI3wrrsoCo55otKD2gz0qewfvBI82j-oNOkZXJheVxvg56HH1AbITWPzaLDqhA=w800

AM-JKLU9-ASRcKWEIBRuFUsL-eRlSEaZTOGK65CQGzagw_6qGEyzd2ONH8n1vCPMaw3e5-JZhGOfbpaCD3hmzNO0VbQZqPWQsoQOG2HYKZu6JsvLtArh6HapANGZuAe0nlPlUaRSc014Ish04AQNc_tOtHP0Dg=w800

On the underside of the handle is: Сделано в СССР < Made in USSR

Mine has what appears to be a fresh Wilko cartridge. Under the loupe, the blade looks new and really sharp. I also have a box-fresh Wilkinson Sword set. I may give mine another run out ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom