Acquisitions - December 2021

CC076207-1252-4AD7-9FA4-7683AA77B55F.jpegAll new except the Masamune. I have the full spiced lime set with aftershave toner too. The brush is a Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn Handle with an AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan from the one and only @Gairdner. It’s a lovely handle, a great feel to it, the slim base is an excellent fit for my gorilla mitts to hold and the light weight is excellent. This is my first G5C knot and I’ve got to say it’s a step up from the Synbad I have. It’s firmer, holds the lather well for a synthetic and feels a bit like a well broken in boar at times! A great piece from a true gent! Straight to the top of my brushes so much so I will be offloading more soon!
The spiced lime is a delight, a somewhat mature dark lime zest and with the added oakmoss gives it an dry earthy, almost wood and leather undertone to my untrained nose! The lather is easy to produce and thick and slick, and the splashes just turn it up a notch!

@Scorpio93 those Yaxell knives are good. You'll honestly be able to keep them good and sharp for ages just by stropping them. I don't use the same strop as for my straights, but I have a separate paddle strop with a bit of fine Dialux paste on for the knives. Do it each time and you won't need the stones for months probably. If they need sharpening I use an EZE-LAP guided angle diamond kit. Goes to 1200 grit and then ceramic finisher.

@Scorpio93 those Yaxell knives are good. You'll honestly be able to keep them good and sharp for ages just by stropping them. I don't use the same strop as for my straights, but I have a separate paddle strop with a bit of fine Dialux paste on for the knives. Do it each time and you won't need the stones for months probably. If they need sharpening I use an EZE-LAP guided angle diamond kit. Goes to 1200 grit and then ceramic finisher.
Oh that's good to know! I have a paddle strop with detachable beds so might get one or two more of those for those knifes! Tbh didn't occur to me that those also need to get stropped, but then again I'm completely new to 'decent' kitchen knives! With our usual ones we just use a one for all sharpener once in a while (which probably takes off more steel than necessary). Thank you for the pointers! Will definitely read up some more too

View attachment 82031All new except the Masamune. I have the full spiced lime set with aftershave toner too. The brush is a Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn Handle with an AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan from the one and only @Gairdner. It’s a lovely handle, a great feel to it, the slim base is an excellent fit for my gorilla mitts to hold and the light weight is excellent. This is my first G5C knot and I’ve got to say it’s a step up from the Synbad I have. It’s firmer, holds the lather well for a synthetic and feels a bit like a well broken in boar at times! A great piece from a true gent! Straight to the top of my brushes so much so I will be offloading more soon!
The spiced lime is a delight, a somewhat mature dark lime zest and with the added oakmoss gives it an dry earthy, almost wood and leather undertone to my untrained nose! The lather is easy to produce and thick and slick, and the splashes just turn it up a notch!
Top notch sir the brush looks really good

Christmas gift this year was Floris No.89 shaving soap puck.

I've now used this a few times and I've got to say the soap is excellent. Really thick lather which performs wonderfully. Scent is classic and subtle.

If I had to buy this myself I would thought twice due to the price but being a gift I don't need to judge it on price.

If you can catch this in a sale I would recommend you give it a go.

1640885035720.png

One of my Christmas presents was Le Pere Lucien Rose de Pushkar aftershave (I put it on my 'surprise' list as it was discounted at Shaving Station and then there was money off with the code, too). I have the soap and the scent doesn't disappoint. The odd thing is that I never bothered with aftershave in more than 40 years of shaving until recently - although I've collected a few vintage along the way, as they often exceed modern EDTs, fragrance wise :D

I think I found the last two on the internet!

AM-JKLVw6idh9Wa3AALcXu9XUH6qsOzV9LtPsVpdj250hJ9Mnzz8EuKOE4eZb63H6lMi9eSoDGvCV3z5SI6hDmaXASwwfemYOaawXnSE5nJc0UzHKyxRgnQK3hu5H7vl1RmR26jloEvSX78S3r6hGHjZD4dYmw=s800

Seek and ye shall find. I reckon I might have snagged a couple of bottles from a shop in God's own country - certainly the money's gone through.
An old barber near where I work used to have this on display, with the odd brush and vintage razor, and I looked but never touched!
I like all of the constituent 'ingredients' but at least 1 review describes the aftershave as smelling like stale urine, so these might end up on BST. If not, can you still get Lilac Vegetal :LOL:

Last edited:
Seek and ye shall find. I reckon I might have snagged a couple of bottles from a shop in God's own country - certainly the money's gone through.
An old barber near where I work used to have this on display, with the odd brush and vintage razor, and I looked but never touched!
I like all of the constituent 'ingredients' but at least 1 review describes the aftershave as smelling like stale urine, so these might end up on BST. If not, can you still get Lilac Vegetal :LOL:
People of lesser ... how to say? Fortitude. People of lesser fortitude have written disparaging comments about Pashana. Folks who have the necessary will love it! I hope you do ... or don't, not sure. If you do love it, that love will (apparently) be short-lived.

But yes, there's still the Veg. I got another litre in maybe a month or two ago. Yes, a litre! 370ml bottles, one for the rotation, one for my fencing bag and one in reserve. Damn good juice, that!

Back
Top Bottom