Acquisitions - August 2022

JabonMan Eufros Tobacco Shaving Soap: Aficionado by Cigar After Shave
SDF4Aa1.png
fcJLy19.jpg

@Sicsemty where did you get that soap from?

@Crossan
Don't fancy that but I'm impressed. I like my ears attached! Ha

Edit.. I can add my amateur no idea purchase to this thread. One moment please...

Here you go. £10...
Works well. Going to try blades in my Wilkinson next.
Yeah I know. Need a better razor but I'm just starting out.

JabonMan Eufros Tobacco Shaving Soap is from Pasteur Pharmacy in New York.

41179DA4-44D2-42E2-AFC1-B1C1EA783969.jpeg
SOTD: 15/08/2022

Razor: Stando Chors and Rockwell 6s plate 4
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Bali Silvertip Badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive
Soap: Proraso Red Cream
Balm: Taylor’s Of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A first shave with my newly gifted Proraso Red, I’ve not found a Proraso I haven’t liked and this was no exception, an excellent lather and welcome addition to the collection. The Yaqi Bali may actually get me to reconsider my Synthetic addiction as it’s great, thick and dense and soft, plus it creates an amazing lather. The Chors was up against the 6s on plate 4 and didn’t miss a beat. It absolutely held its own, but by the end of the shave the 6s felt smoother and marginally more efficient. However come the evening the Stando side was smoother and less stubbily so I’m calling it a draw. I love the handle on this razor, it provides a great grip and the pill like scoops are amazing as is the sandblast finish. It makes it easy to find just the right hand position and point of balance for the head. I’m going to run it out on its own tomorrow before moving on to the final loaner! Many thanks again to @slapo

If you can get hold of Jabonman Eufros soap ... do!

Tobacco flower and tobacco leaf make for entirely different scents. For a UK retailer of a couple of tobacco soaps, check out:

The soap is also very high quality and also truly artisinal.

Back
Top Bottom