Acquisitions - August 2022

House of Mammoth Hygge Shaving Soap & Aftershave Balm

t49bt1j.png
qXk4DmD.png

@Mike Smart - you need some time away from internet shopping when you're in Norway!! :ROFLMAO:
Man you sound like my wife and you are absolutely spot on.
Working away from home & staying in Hotels for weeks on end is not what it’s cracked up to be.
Boring & actually quite lonely at times.
Shopping keeps me sane or insane one of the two :ROFLMAO:
There’s no point in being the richest man in the grave yard

I think they've discontinued this, after many, many years. If that be so, then this is surely going to be an antique of the future. Bathroom cabinet or display case? Anyway, I'm sure you'll be able to get it to perform as stated upon the box, and better.

As stated they have been discontinued as I personally had an email response from the company confirming it. I have tons of the vintage so not used this method but many say grating the puck and pressing in a container helps it lather better. Not sure why or if true but worth a shot if you want.

Yes, I had read that it was no longer available new and so sought one out. Thanks for confirming.

My strategy is to use it (a) as intended, so dropped into a mug; (b) potentially grate into a nice vintage container and (hopefully) continue to enjoy. I have a number of shaving sticks grated and pressed into air-tight tubs. I think I was a bit binary about whether I liked or disliked products when I first tried it. Fingers crossed. Either way, it's "vintage" now, so psychologically on a winner ... for me.

Vintage Cussons Shaving Cream &
matching aftershave & vintage Gillette Wild Rain
aftershave.
The Graphite cream i had bought a couple of weeks ago just as i left for work but i was lucky i seen this NOS aftershave to match it.
View attachment 91562

Cor! That Cussons gear is a good score! Good, too, to catch an original Series splash from Gillette. I have Wild Rain of that vintage and enjoy it a lot. Kinda poor-man's Brut, but more apple fruit ... as if you'd splashed on some Brut and gingerly tried to cover it up with Hugo Boss.

Cor! That Cussons gear is a good score! Good, too, to catch an original Series splash from Gillette. I have Wild Rain of that vintage and enjoy it a lot. Kinda poor-man's Brut, but more apple fruit ... as if you'd splashed on some Brut and gingerly tried to cover it up with Hugo Boss.
Thanks mate
i haven’t even smelt it yet it could be off but hey that’s the game lol
I’m sure it’s fine
New Old Stock and in wonderful condition,
do you know much about the shaving cream ?
i’m thinking 70s - 80s what’s your thoughts ?
Hope it’s not just a different branded imperial leather

Thanks mate
i haven’t even smelt it yet it could be off but hey that’s the game lol
I’m sure it’s fine
New Old Stock and in wonderful condition,
do you know much about the shaving cream ?
i’m thinking 70s - 80s what’s your thoughts ?
Hope it’s not just a different branded imperial leather

The Cussons is probably 1980s.

Back
Top Bottom