Acquisitions - August 2022

White rabbits!

Given my love of things Wilkinson Sword, I thought it best to get a soap in ... the current black bowl and previous generation blue bowl have passed through my hands reasonably recently and neither had what it takes to remain in my collection.

This one is a little older ...

s-l1600.jpg

... and predates the blue bowl. The green band is the defining part and I believe this hails from the 1990s.

For the ingredient-spotters amongst us, the ingredient list is:

Aqua, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Parfum, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dimethicone, Ethylparaben.

For the sake of comparison ... the blue bowl:

Aqua, Stearic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Coconut Acid, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Benzoate, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dimethicone, Amyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene & Linalool

... and the current black bowl (with grey band):

Aqua, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Coconut Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Ethylparaben, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Amyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool

Quick test-lather and it's not at all bad, certainly no worse than, say, Cella or current market Erasmic. On that, it has a far more synthetic lemon scent than more recent formula and is quite a bit like my vintage Erasmic, which I believe is from the 1960s.

D. - What do they look like side to side? The clone and the real thing. Pretty similar I should imagine. :) I have the copy and find it a very good razor. Particularly with twin blades in it. - cheers - I.
It's not here yet but I will let you know when it arrives. I've been told that they shave and look identical except for the Schick logo on the rubber handle as well as the head. Saw it pop up for a reasonable price ($39) and could not pass up having both to compare and just ordered it today.

Back
Top Bottom