Acquisitions 15 Mar. - 21 Mar.

A Racer 204 with some extra blades :D from Store34 for a pricely sum of $4.65 (yes dollars), might have to give it a whirl tomorrow. I'm a sucker for these cheap razors :roll: .

Twenty packs of Derby blades from a trade. They work really well with my EJ89. I've previously commented that I can't tell much difference between blades, but recently things have become more noticeable. Perhaps it's because I've found a razor that I'm really happy with.

And also a tube of Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera cream, also from a trade. Excellent stuff - great scent and lovely lather.

Okay...

Edwin Jagger Best Badger from Fido

A bag of Bic Sensitive razors from Wilkies (Vinny made me do it!)

Also, a tube of M&R Shaving cream, also from Wilkies. Not seen this before, and thought I'd try it and "take one for the team" so to speak.

Ian

Over the past week or so:

5/8 'The Palmer' straight:
attachment.php

a 4/8 Colonna straight from Neil with an alum bar and some cro ox

and this from the bay - lovely razor for pennies, not sure about the need to include a used razor blade though.

This week I have been mainly shaving

Lavender indulgence:

Taylor lavender shaving soap in wooden bowl
Taylor lavender refill
Taylor lavender water (quite oily, will try it as aftershave)

Bronnley lavender bath soap
DRH lavender cream

Four WS Sticks
Two Ralph Lauren Safari soaps
Three 10oz bottles of Thayers Witch hazel (Rose, Original and Medicated) I tried the 2oz samplers and they are great.
Thayers moisturiser
Two 7oz and three 3.5oz bottles of AV on the way
SRD Bulgarian Rose soap in transit.

I was in London yesterday, so had to walk down to Duke of York Street and visit the "new" Trumper store.

A lot smaller than the Jermyn Street and Curzon Street shops. Enjoyed watching an American woman intending to buy a present for her nephew and then slowly realising the brush was actually 210 USD.

I managed to control myself and left with a single Almond soap refill.

Also received some Iridium blades in the mail.

1951 black-tip Superspeed in a bakelite case. Wrong case entirely, but I saw the razor in it and that's why I bid!

The razor looks like it must have been used once or twice and never again - it's in fantastic condition.

My black handled 1974 superspeed arrived from the USofA today.

Looks absolutely mint, bar some discolouration within the opened head [no issue there]
Cannot wait to give it a try out tomorrow with a new Red IP blade.

G

Back
Top Bottom