Ach Brito Mogno

What an absolute lil' gem of a shaving soap is this lil' fella!! Just a tad smaller than a deck of cards and a pleasant scent as inoffensive as a butterfly's kiss and zero problem lathering!! Using my trusty "ball end" English Tech I decided to test two different blades as well. On one side the thrice used Kai and the other a twice used Astra SP. I switched blades mid-shave in the same razor. Both shaved very well, but the ol' reliable Astra SP gets the nod as it just flat out shaved smoother/sharper.

Back to the soap, this small bar is quite hard, but not like a brick and I actually enjoy the rectangular shape as it can be set on one end to dry. I only paid $5.95 U.S. + S&H for this soap and to be frank it shaves as well as a Big Money artisanal soap IMO. I will just add that all the "bells & whistles" are present here, i.e., cushion & glide. As usual, I won't offer an opinion on PSF as I wash/tone post shave thereby nullifying any objective thoughts. Just simply a refreshing & pleasant surprise in the bewildering marketplace of wet shaving nowadays. (y) ;)

I see one vendor in the U.K. peddling it:

I don't know what's worse , buying the last soap and not using it or enabling a sold out soap .
:LOL:
.....or taking that sold-out soap and charging a fortune for it on ebay.....
The implication seems to be that I'm gloating about it. I was only apologising for being lucky enough to get one! It's only a bar of soap!
@BigBruce , I'd be more inclined to read it as the general pleasant banter between a group of addicts, some of whom are unable to get their new product fix while an unused bar is wafted under their nose.

By the way, I've still not tried my Hampshire Wool Fat delivery out yet....... :oops: :LOL: ;)

I have admitted in a previous post to buying up 4 of the remaining 5 bars of Mogno from Shaving Station a few months ago. It was one of my personal shaving favourites of 2020. I was so impressed, I bought a tube of the cream too, for my dopp bag. The cream was much more expensive and I was surprised the soap bars are so cheap in comparison. SOTD pics:
Mogno2.jpgMognoCream2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom