AC Guarded Blades - Use in AC Single Edge Razors.?

I have a quite strong beard and tried out both the Feather Proguard and Kai CT Protouch MG blades in various Razors. I have found that though lacking in blade feel, they allow me to work merrily away to eliminate all stubborn areas of growth without causing any problems. The finish attained when using them has been very good. Though quite expensive they may well suit those with heavy beards or those who find their Razors a bit aggressive.

Are there others who have tried these blades with success ?

IMG_1407.jpg

I have a quite strong beard and tried out both the Feather Proguard and Kai CT Protouch MG blades in various Razors. I have found that though lacking in blade feel, they allow me to work merrily away to eliminate all stubborn areas of growth without causing any problems. The finish attained when using them has been very good. Though quite expensive they may well suit those with heavy beards or those who find their Razors a bit aggressive.

Are there others who have tried these blades with success ?

View attachment 67821
Tried a few f these types of blades and these are by far the best. The Kai I’d say for me are the very best.

I've only just recently tried a Kai Protouch MG blade and that's my first guarded blade, for me it offers nothing more than a Kai Pink, which is my go to A/C blade. That was in a Vector and I have a sporadic beard growth like Shaggy from Scooby doo

Out of the two blades you mention - I have only used the Feather Pro Guard - they were horrible - tuggy - awful. I tried them in a Cobra, Att se and Colonial General - to no better effect. I ended up giving them away. With this blade standard Prolines are just fine for me. Funny how our experiences vary? Cheers - I.

Out of the two blades you mention - I have only used the Feather Pro Guard - they were horrible - tuggy - awful. I tried them in a Cobra, Att se and Colonial General - to no better effect. I ended up giving them away. With this blade standard Prolines are just fine for me. Funny how our experiences vary? Cheers - I.
Prolines are a good blade. All very true how experiences vary,

Ebay or Connaught usually but they are sometimes hard to get. They also sell them here.

That's where I bought Protouch MG from - from.ordering to delivery took about 8 days .

They're the only guarded blade i have used, so can't compare with Feather.
For me, they get the job done in absolute comfort, zero blade feel - almost benign feeling in use.

I tried the Feather Softguard and found them unusable - just wouldn’t cut, really draggy. Couldn’t get on with them at all. But we’re all different. I kept them to see how they do in a shavette, but haven’t got round to trying yet.

Back
Top Bottom