Abbey Road / National Trust

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
Following the announcement that Abbey Road studio's are skint! the National Trust is looking for opinion on whether they should get involved with buying it for us all.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-global/w-news/w-latest_news/w-news-should-national-trust-save-abbey-road-studios.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w- ... tudios.htm</a><!-- m -->

Let them know what you think.

Abbey Road Studios are certainly an interesting part of recent history, and at the moment plenty of music fans go there just to see it and use the crossing.

I'm not sure that it's worth preserving as a studio, though. It's obviously not a viable studio any longer, along with quite a few other studios. The ability to be able to make an album at home with digital equipment has had an impact upon studios, and the mass market consumers of music look for convienience rather than quality. This makes thr traditional studio almost redundant.

It's gone, and I think that they should just "Let It Be".

Ian

lol Macca is skint now that bint filled her wooden leg with all his cash, didn't Michael Jackson own the rights to the Beatles music at one stage?

I think it's got too much history attached to let it disappear, I reckon they could make a few quid from fans who want to see it.Apparently Kelly Jones from the Stereophonics had a go on the 'Lady Madonna' piano while he was in there.He said it sounded shite lol

If they were smart they would have set up a permanent pay per pic camera on that crossing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Apple studios were never open to the public...and yet it's now considered a national treasure just because
a washed up broadcaster and ex Beatle say so. Didn't the surviving Beatles sue the arse of EMI over the years for royalties?

I refer you to my previous post, but that is a good enough reason to just burn it down.

No idea whether Apple was open or not and of course it's not just the Beatles who recorded there.

Boab said:
lol Macca is skint now that bint filled her wooden leg with all his cash, didn't Michael Jackson own the rights to the Beatles music at one stage?

From The Guardian:

"McCartney has spent years bemoaning, mourning and pursuing his lost songwriting rights. Though he has continued to receive performance royalties on Beatles songs – helping him to achieve a reported £440m fortune – McCartney and Lennon's publishing imprint, Northern Songs, was sold to ATV Music in 1969. ATV was purchased by Michael Jackson in 1985 and was later split 50-50 with Sony. Though Jackson was briefly rumoured to have bequeathed the songs to McCartney, there was ultimately no such provision in the will. Jackson's remaining holdings in ATV/Sony will instead be passed on to his estate."

That piano probably hasn't been tuned since Sgt. Pepper, and don't get me started on his monopod ex-wife. She annoys me just slightly more than he does.

Ian

Boab said:
No idea whether Apple was open or not and of course it's not just the Beatles who recorded there.

That's right...but Wings recorded there too as well as

Suzi Quattro
Queen
Wizzard
Spandex Ballet
Simple Minds
Texas
Depish Mode
Take Twat

To be fair...Pink Floyd and Radio Head recorded there...but NO it should be burnt to the ground for no other reason that Macca inflicted WNGS
and Linda Mcartney sausages upon the world.

Paul McCartney returns from the hospital:

"Kids, I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that your Mum passed away this afternoon. The good news is, we're having steak for tea!"

Yes, I know, I'm going to hell.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom