A thing of Beauty

There was a guy selling one of these and an Eclipse on Gumtree about a year ago for £25 each. I was a bit suspicious but I contacted him anyway but they had gone. That was in NI as well. I can still dream...

Just out of interest, if i could get hands on or work off good pictures and measurements would people be interested in a stainless or polished brass repro of the head? Set up for de handles rather than a specific handle.

I thought about the handle and had a heart attack lol. Its possible to machine something close but it would be a nightmare and i doubt people would want to pay the amount id need to charge. The head would be "relatively" simple in comparrison

No not literally, had a heart attack thinking about the machining required to make the handle lol. Sorry
I have just had a look at the handle and it would be a pain machine and I cannot find any signs of casting marks. Also from what I can see on the head I think there was a lot of hand tool work on the whole razor. You can see this more on the base plate......... heart attack time again methinks........

As far as price goes he is a bit over but only by about £20 to £30. The last 2 sold for £685.00 for a deluxe and £615 (ish) for a standard, both were uncased.

There were debates about a new version a couple of years ago - if I remember rightly there was discussion about how difficult it would be to work with Cobalt. But, if they managed it then, why should it be so difficult now?