A Suit for Funerals

Last time I wore a suit was nearly 2 years ago - safe to say my current two I had are unlikely to fit any more.

I don't plan on wearing a suit for anything more than funerals these days. Most job interviews I've been to is a nice shirt / jumper / trousers combo (my field isn't in the City so no suits required).

So I've been thinking about getting a nice plan, very matte suit for funerals, of which I'm likely to see 3 perhaps 4 in the next 10 years :/
I'm looking for some ideas really. Always 3-piece though. I've wanted something a little different than "normal" and that tends to be in the design of the waistcoat. I'm thinking something quite "high" (although I don't know what style that's called). Like this (but black!):

gss17tg_150_a.jpg

As ever (and you guys are great!), always happy for other ideas, inputs, examples...

Cheers!

Last time I wore a suit was nearly 2 years ago - safe to say my current two I had are unlikely to fit any more.

I don't plan on wearing a suit for anything more than funerals these days. Most job interviews I've been to is a nice shirt / jumper / trousers combo (my field isn't in the City so no suits required).

So I've been thinking about getting a nice plan, very matte suit for funerals, of which I'm likely to see 3 perhaps 4 in the next 10 years :/
I'm looking for some ideas really. Always 3-piece though. I've wanted something a little different than "normal" and that tends to be in the design of the waistcoat. I'm thinking something quite "high" (although I don't know what style that's called). Like this (but black!):

gss17tg_150_a.jpg

As ever (and you guys are great!), always happy for other ideas, inputs, examples...

Cheers!
What's wrong with a nice shirt / jumper / Trousers combo, and polished shoes as long as you look smart I can't see there being a problem with what you wear.
Times are changing, a funeral is a celebration of their life after all.
Turning up is the most important thing.

Paul

Wise words from@blademonkey. I have always worn a suit to funerals, but I did work in the City, before I ran away to sea. Nowadays things are very different and, for example, a woman wearing trousers to a funeral isn't going to attract the shocked looks and whispering it once did.

I am very much a traditionalist, and lament the passing of a great deal of what I consider important and good behaviour, but funeral dress codes aren't one of them. In the words of my youth, it's "better to be there".

That said, Cordings in London sells some decent off the peg suits.

I wore a suit as a pallbearer, but not as a funeral goer, and these days large gatherings aren't likely so you might be wasting your money. The dead don't care, and personally I don't give a rat's ass what others think, it's really not a social gathering just a show of respect and final goodbye.

Back
Top Bottom