A rash of rashes.

I was watching a cookery programme on television last night where chefs had to demonstrate their skills. What amazed me was the number of male chefs that had moderate to serious razor rash. I doubt they had the rash because they were chefs, rather it was because they were lacking in shaving skills. It's a shame that they and others appear not to have those skills when the answers to their problems are "out there" in forums such as this. Even if they don't go the DE route I suspect that proper preparation etc would greatly improve their shaves. I don't know what the answer is. Word of mouth I suppose ( to friends). Approaching a stranger and commenting on his rash could well result in a trip to A & E. :shock:

Was it Masterchef? Me and the wife found it funny how many had cold-sores over the last couple of weeks. Missed last night's so will iPlayer it tonight.

I am very keen to spread the word but shaving just doesn't seem to come up in conversation these days. Part of this for me is that my part-time job is working with a team that consists mainly of ladies, so bringing up the subject of shaving would be 'inappropriate', even if sometimes tempting. ;)

I'm in my thirties so most men appear set in their ways with shaving habits. I think that brushes and soaps/creams may be the way to go rather than the actual razors.

I noticed this on masterchef too and also some of them need to wash their hair!!
There seems to be a lot of people who rarely shave nowadays,just trim to a stubble (I used to) every now and then I needed to be clean shaven so out came the M3 and one pass had my neck red raw for hours afterwards.This was in combination with a MEN-U brush and Cade soap so I don't really subscribe to the theory that just changing from a can to soap will stop the irritation.I would guess that most people think that the hair on their beard grows straight north to south and so are shaving against the grain at times when they shouldn't be.Getting to know the grain for me was crucial.I would rank this revelation as number one for me in getting an irritation free shave, followed by technique.

Yes it was "Masterchef:The Professionals", (just looked in the tv guide). You know, the basics which we take for granted could, I'm sure, be put on a small leaflet and inserted in razor and/or cartridge packs. Then again, if that was done, would sales of aftershave soothers plummet.

Back
Top Bottom