A New "Prop"

Hi Guys

I've been busy buying razors etc and I recently picked up a Pils 101 from Phil @ BullGoose. A true gentleman. One of the reasons he sold it was he didn't care for the staining that occurred when you left the blade in the razor after rinsing. Now I have to admit I do pretty much the same thing. I have a bunch of razors and most have blades in them as I do use them in a haphazard rotation. I got to thinking that having a place or spot to put the blades between shaves made some sense. We don't have kids so there's no "Daddy,daddy what's this?" about to happen. Besides this stuff stays in the shave den. So I got some Padauk wood, a fairly strong magnet about 1/2" in diameter and made a resting base for blades in use. First I cut the top about 5/16" thick (the magnet still draws through the wood just enough) and then the base about 3/4" thick. Drilled a hole 5/8" wide and 1/8" deep into the base and glued the magnet in. Then I glued the 2 pieces together, sanded, oiled and had a spot to put my blades in between shaves. Now I only have 1DE and 1SE blade in use and I can keep my razors clean and dry without any staining etc happening. The finished block is 1 3/4"wide x 1 5/8" long x 1" thick.

Does anyone else have other ways/methods for doing this? Or have I figured out something for which there was no real need? Hah. :huh:
[attachment=4200][attachment=4201]

Attachments

• P1010085.JPG
    P1010085.JPG
    378.3 KB · Views: 43
  • P1010092.JPG
    P1010092.JPG
    272 KB · Views: 33
I've started to use a blade only once. So it isn't a ONE blade problem with me. What is usually have is 7 or 8 small paper or plastic blade boxes sitting on the shelve. What i've done is bought a bunch of ceramic magnets and have them under a plastic lid that I stack the partially filled blade boxes on. Holds them in one place ... While the magnets work their magic on them.
!!!! Might be why my Derby's always work well??

Back
Top Bottom