A couple more brushes...

If fibers are set wrong way round I imagine a tuxedo knot would look rather suspicious
Its not all the fibers. If you've had a cheap tux or even a bad Plisoft there will more than likely be a lil scratch to the brush. Its from damaged blunt fibers or the odd fiber in use knot really is wrong way. You have to look close but you'll find them. I had a cheap knot that I found 20 lol. They will be blended in so are not that obvious at first.

If fibers are set wrong way round I imagine a tuxedo knot would look rather suspicious
Its not all the fibers. If you've had a cheap tux or even a bad Plisoft there will more than likely be a lil scratch to the brush. Its from damaged blunt fibers or the odd fiber in use knot really is wrong way. You have to look close but you'll find them. I had a cheap knot that I found 20 lol. They will be blended in so are not that obvious at first
is it the new triangular fan tuxedos?

This is actually how far I need to go to notice a major difference between my brushes, lathering with dish washing brush went well, result was thick and slick but a deeper bowl would have been nice to minimise splatter, and the shave, well face feel was the worst ever by a good margin. I have over the years binned three shaving brushes that stood out just like the dish washing brush: two moppy Zenith boars and an Epsilon prickly horse, otherwise anything goes.

Last edited:

It's this one:
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bpfEWKnX

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

What's the benefit of the fan knot? I assume that it splays easier, it's one style that I have never tried.

What's the benefit of the fan knot? I assume that it splays easier, it's one style that I have never tried.
Yes. That's it. Splays easier and so facilitates face lathering.

Nearly all synthetic knots fall into the broad categorisation known as (bulb/fan) hybrids

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk