A citrus fiend reports

First impressions.
Citrus fix arrived this morning.Was completely taken back. A box containing Professor Blighty's "Old Lemons and Limes" gentlemens shaving box. Balm ,shaving soap and splash in a nicely presented box similar to the grapewood presentation.
How could I resist ? I opened up and sniffed everything.Fresh Lemony yes!!!!
Had to try the splash of course.
Bam has a nice alcohol hit ,not too much though.
The aroma .The big problem for in my opinion with citrus products is that there is a tendency for the chemical toilet cleaner smell to predominate (think Arko). Not here though.
Think Freshly squeezed lemons with a good dash of limes,southern Italy ,capri ,limoncello ,sunshine, summertime .You get the idea. Reminds me of the Cella lemon aftershave/cologne , but the lime makes it more mouth wateringly citrus.Its quite pronounced on initial application but settles soon enough.
My colleague at work spotted it and I offered a sniff , he applied it as well . He'd had a hot towel shave in Turkey and he thought it was the stuff used to scent the towels!
Its been over an hour now and ther's still a lovely lingering citrus note which I'm enjoying . Maybe I'll need to go for a second application ?
I've not had a shave with the soap yet or used the balm. But my first impression of the splash is very good. Still has to pass the SWMBO test.

Will report back on my progress.

Nice update thankies Damian. Interesting you are considering a re application as I recall that Prof B has said before that "layering" of some of his unguents is okay.

JohnnyO. :geek:

Had a couple of goes with the full product suite.
The soap smells good, fresh lemon , lime not chemical. Its a clear soap similar to Mama Bears for those who are familiar.
Loaded up New Forest 2211 and produced loads of creamy lather , 3 passes and touch up no problem. Nice cushioning,slick all you could want.

The first time I used the balm I slapped on a good bit on a dry face and got a bit of a sting. With a wet face and a smaller amount got a better result . Face has been very dry lately , cracked lips ,dehydration , feels smooth on the parts the balm has been applied to the rest is dry and rough.
Slapped on the splash ,nice.Gets the SWMBO sniff of approval.
So far I've only had two shaves with the "Old lemons and limes" and my skin has been smooth and soft after. I'll be using it for the rest of the week ,at least.

Had another full product shave this morning had'nt shaved for a few days due to the bloody cold.
The soap os really nice , lovely smell and performs very well.A little dab of the balm. Followed by a slap of the splash.
Used an Iridium super in an EJ86 razor and NF 2211 brush. Very smooth shave from the soap and other implements,
very fragrant and smooth skin from the balm and splash.
Did a smell test on the splash and some cella classico cologne. Lemons and limes definitely has a bit more citrusy bite ,definitely leaves me thinking of raw freshly squeezed lemon and lime

Back
Top Bottom