A brush with confusion!

Ok, so I purchased this Yaqi shaving brush from AliExpress at a ridiculous price.
84EF306F-21CA-4B24-8734-735FD12D050F.jpeg
Nice brush, soft as anything and the glue bump stands about half an inch above the handle so should lather well (I think). A small point, and not really important, but I have no idea what it is called. On the website it is referred to as a Yaqi Huskey?!? After a bit of research it would appear that their ‘Husky’ knot is a slightly softer Tuxedo knot, and very dark grey rather than black. No further on the name of the handle. It obviously doesn’t really matter, but my OCD has kicked in!

Also, when viewed from above the knot is squared off not round like my other brushes - I ‘paint’ lather on, so this might actually be good, but, is it ‘normal’?
83D90C88-B365-4682-8B41-E17E857B7700.jpeg
I still like it, it feels nice, substantial and soft and am looking forward to using it! But…

Just use it, it will round out just fine. All of the knots I buy come in little boxes and they are square when you first take them out, one use and the square shape is gone.
I think that has answered it - the brushes I have bought so far have all been smaller (20 and 22 mm) so have not been compressed in the boxes, this would appear to be something that happens to knots of 24 mm and above so I was not aware of it!
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom