7OC Greens from Singapore on Fleabay

Hi Paul without a link, mention of seller's name or the price we can't make any comment.

I bought 100 from dridiot on there the other week - they're just fine. Here's the link I bought from: click me!

Might happen. I saw such prices... you know they're near the source, less shipping/taxes/customs are put on the price before reaching the end-user...

Canuck said:
Are they the Indian made ones? Or the Russian Super Stainless? If they're in Singapore I'd bet it's the former... nothing wrong with them, but they're not (IMO) the best ones.

From the ebay link I posted:

These fine and sharp stainless double edge blades are made in St. Petersburg, Russia

;)

I like the Green's - never had any irritation using them and they've never left my skin feeling "tender". That said, I think I'm quite lucky and have fairly resilient skin as it's very unusual for me to suffer irritation and I have happily have a 3-pass shave and touch-ups on a daily basis.

On the rare occasion where I have left my neck feeling a bit "raw", then it's a Green that I would use for my next shave.

Yellows I find will leave my skin feeling a bit more raw - not painful or anything - I just know that I've had a shave. Although, I need to try them again as I haven't used one for quite a few weeks and my technique is improving all the time.

Currently using a super thin in a TV SS - not particularly impressed with it - but will continue trying them in different razors - they have a good following on here so there must be something good about them :)

I was given a pack of Indian 7 o'clock Platinums (black box) the other day - 1 blade lasted 5 or 6 shaves (can't remember which now) and gave a smooth shave and again no irritation.

I've only tried one Bleue - need to revist them before I can form a "reasonable" opinion.

Out of the above, the Blacks are definitely my current favourites.

In the interests of comparison, the other day, I decided to take one for the team by ordering 100 of the Russian version of the Blacks to try and compare and contrast with the Indian ones - they'll hopefully be with me in the next few days.

Hopefully, they'll be at least as good as the Indian ones - they'd better be - they were more expensive! :)

Of course, your experience with the different blades will vary depending on razor, technique and soap.

And, as ever, the above are just my experiences and I'm still pretty new to this game so am still adapting and perfecting my technique all the time and so my opinion is likely to change as I improve and try different razors! :)

Canuck said:
Apologies, I'm on a works computer and it doesn't support or show eBay links.

Hi Canuck - no need to apologise. Just re-read my post and realised that it may be construed as sarcastic - it wasn't meant that way. I was just quoting from that link as I'm at work and unable to physically check the packs I have.

cromulent said:
How do they compare to other blades?
I've never used a 7OC so I have nothing to go on.

I'm no expert but I like the greens a lot. I'm going through a blade trial period and any that I really like I'll order a stash of (to ward off my shavepocalypse!)

I have an order on the way from him. I will update

100 Gillette 7 O'CLOCK Double Edge Safety Razor Blades (GREEN) -
100 Gillette NACET PLATINUM Double Edge Razor Blades -
100 Gillette SUPER THIN Double Edge Blades -
120 Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge Double Edge Blades (YELLOW) -

Thanks Hax, Tall_Paul and ...

I've been using Astra SP's for years but lately they've been giving me a bit of bother - so I'm in the market for a new day to day blade.
I've ordered a batch of Super Thins but may buy a few green and yellows to see how they compare.

SIRUSKEY said:
I have an order on the way from him. I will update

100 Gillette 7 O'CLOCK Double Edge Safety Razor Blades (GREEN) -
100 Gillette NACET PLATINUM Double Edge Razor Blades -
100 Gillette SUPER THIN Double Edge Blades -
120 Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge Double Edge Blades (YELLOW) -

Will be interested to hear how the Nacet's compare. :)

Cromulent - if you're going to try anything, I would recommend these Gillette Platinums: click me

Back
Top Bottom