7 O’ Clock Bakelite ‘Tech’?

When you’re down visiting your old canoeing buddy in Co. Durham and he hands you a razor then says, “This any good to you, bud?”

59E36907-8E88-463B-9738-E0582C7CEB18.jpeg

1BEC4640-5B87-4099-AA79-C9F9867FC28F.jpeg

Now I’m by no means (no means at all) any sort of expert when it comes to vintage razors but I’ve never seen one of these before. Glorious red bakelite handle with brass threaded insert and very ‘Tech’ like top plate. Seems to me to be a very similar blade presentation angle and it’s all in lovely condition especially the green case. Can’t beat a bit of red and green mixed - all that red and green should never be seen, etc, etc.

Of course I’ve brought my usual 34C as a travel razor but I’ll be giving this nimble wee beastie a run out come Wednesday morning instead. However, the question is will @pjgh let me use it as part of ‘Tech June(kies)’? Go on mate, give me some cheer and let me have at it…:D:cool:

You’ll have a few of these then, Paul?

I sold off most (Gillette line purity kinda thing) ... kept a Minora bakelite Tech, really just because it was fully boxed with cardboard shipper and everything. I've got a 7 O'Clock and the Grom, but they're New-types. I do regret selling the Nacet open comb Tech, but I have a Gillette stamped variant.

AJFCJaWt5Wj4ZwiTTWf47PZGMdI4E2flt8ni254y5Wj8_ir_cIYpPaibm0TKDU75LqQuzmvlaFZeibJJ_Q8Ybrkm5ZG43Ib_uiBadF1-9jFg_bStwVwM0edR0KBD8-9v_Mx9AmBkza-6l47zdx6Idb10b9TclA=w1200

There’s just something nice & nostalgic about these Bakelite razors and the cheap plastic versions
i really enjoy shaving with them.
I’ll look forward to your sotd.
As a matter of interest do we know if the Fasan was the first of this type ?

When you’re down visiting your old canoeing buddy in Co. Durham and he hands you a razor then says, “This any good to you, bud?”

View attachment 106179

View attachment 106180

Now I’m by no means (no means at all) any sort of expert when it comes to vintage razors but I’ve never seen one of these before. Glorious red bakelite handle with brass threaded insert and very ‘Tech’ like top plate. Seems to me to be a very similar blade presentation angle and it’s all in lovely condition especially the green case. Can’t beat a bit of red and green mixed - all that red and green should never be seen, etc, etc.

Of course I’ve brought my usual 34C as a travel razor but I’ll be giving this nimble wee beastie a run out come Wednesday morning instead. However, the question is will @pjgh let me use it as part of ‘Tech June(kies)’? Go on mate, give me some cheer and let me have at it…:D:cool:

That is an absolutely lovely razor! A fine gesture from your friend.

Back
Top Bottom