50th Birthday - getting away from it all

Here are a few pictures I took last week at Cuilcagh Mountain and Lusty Beg Island in Co. Fermanagh. My wife treated me to a weekend break for my 50th and had invited some of our friends, so we all headed off for a hike up Cuilcagh (took about 4hrs) to work up a proper thirst for the party. And it worked too :D

Cuilcagh Mountain Walk
item.jpg

item.jpg

item.jpg

item.jpg

Lusty Beg Island at dusk
item.jpg

item.jpg

Lovely! It must be very rewarding walking those moors. I like it, nice birthday (clubs are for the young, I would take those moors any day before that).

Thanks lads. It was a great weekend.

When we went up Cuilcagh it was like a summer day, and I ended up walking in a tee shirt with my coat tied round my waist. We were staying on Lusty Beg Island and got back from the walk with a big appetite and an even bigger thirst. The island has its own individual rooms, log cabins and swiss lodge style chalets and a small pub & restaurant, so it's a great place for a relaxing break. Unknown to me, my wife had arranged accomodation for our 3 sons, who unfortunately didn't make it in time to join us for our meal, but it was still a great birthday surprise to see them. They joined us for breakfast on Sunday and we were able to spend the day with them. It's nice to be able to chill out a bit before getting back to the daily grind of work :(

Back
Top Bottom