444 After Shave Balm

I tried this after reading rave reviews. I hated it. Talk about a menthol blast! It is suggested that you mix this with a scented lotion for best effect. Every which way it doesn't work for me. Far too greasy.

Not sure this is too helpful, I'm not one for elaborate descriptions of a product. I either like it or I don't for one or two simple reasons. But someone said we need some more reviews, so I'll try and do my bit.

Short and to the point.. I like..

although when i look at a review i like to see a picture of the product but instead of moaning and being useless im gonnna add one below:

on another note i quite like hardcore menthol hits, but being naturally oily i doubt i would get along with this

Attachments

• 444_balm_MED.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 448
Agreed on the picture, it helps me form a link to the product in my head. As for the reviews I think they only need to be as long as the take for you to say what you want, good or bad. What I do like about these sections is that you come across new stuff. I I had never heard now seen 444 until just now, so thanks for that review even if only to remind take a cautions approach as I tend to not get on with oily products either.

This is ghastly stuff when used on its own. As mentioned above... it leaves my skin feeling sticky * greasy. However. i do enjoy mixing a pea sized amount ( max ) with Aqua Velva & using it as a "super" menthol blast. There is no stickiness for me when mixed this way.

I progressed from simply rubbing a small drop onto the face. Although I am aware of the sensation you described, I perceived it as not oily, but extremely moisturizing, almost overkill when applied at 100% level of concentration. Whatever it is, it is not oil.

Anyway, the next stage was to cup my left hand and place the pea-sized drop of 444 in the cup, then fill the cup with my choice of AS product, then gently mix with my right index finger, as the 444 immediately disperses, then rubbing the AS/444 onto the beard area. This definitely helps, the skin is moisturized but not overly so, as before.

Finally, it became obvious that I should simply empty about 60% of the tube directly into an almost full bottle of whichever AS product I wished, shake well, and the deed is done. A mentholated and fully moisturizing AS product, ready for action. The sum of the whole is greater than the parts, or whatever that old saying is. Anyway you know what I mean. And it works for me!

Back
Top Bottom