3P Shaving soap- is it like Vitos

Just heard mention of 3P an Italian croap, and see it is available in bulk or 150 bowl at around £8. sounds as though could be an alternative to Vitos.
Has any one tried it and Vitos too?

I have Vitos Supercrema (Classic) which somes in the green box as well as three generations of Cella ... and a pot of 3P. I have used the Vitos Extra Super in the red box as well, but my preference there was for the simpler soap, the only difference I could see in ingredients was the addition of glycerine in the red box.

3P has a very simple ingredient set: Stearic Acid, Aqua, Cocos Nucifera, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum & Potassium Carbonate; yet, delivers a wonderfully creamy and slick lather. I'd alsy say the thickness of the lather (which we seem to equate with providing a protective cushion) is on par with Vitos. The scent is mandorla (almond) and it's less acrid than Cella, but (I'd say) longer lasting in the tub than Vitos or TFS.

To my reckoning, with a preference for simpler ingredient sets and taking into account the lather, the cushion and the post-shave face feel, my order of quality would be:

3P < Best
Vitos (Red) with glycerine < I'm putting this above Vitos (Green) as it does deliver a smoother post-shave face feel
Vitos (Green) ... but I'd probably still reach for the green over the red if I kept both in (I'm odd)
Cella (present formula) < contentious, but maybe it's because it's still "new"
Cella (old formula) ... maybe just got "old"
TFS < the professional soap from the red dragon box

So, short of it ... buy a tub. If you like Vitos, I'm sure you'll like 3P.

3P < Best
Vitos (Red) with glycerine < I'm putting this above Vitos (Green) as it does deliver a smoother post-shave face feel
Vitos (Green) ... but I'd probably still reach for the green over the red if I kept both in (I'm odd)

I can't really dispute the order of this list. I really liked 3P but it made my face burn, others also react badly to it as well it seems.

Vitos has been reformulated though, no longer a tallow based soap. The Vitos Green ingredient list is now Stearic Acid, Aqua (Water), Potassium Hydroxide, Cocos Nucifera, (Coconut) Oil, Talc, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Silicate, Benzaldehyde, Tetrasodium EDTA

I have Vitos Supercrema (Classic) which somes in the green box as well as three generations of Cella ... and a pot of 3P. I have used the Vitos Extra Super in the red box as well, but my preference there was for the simpler soap, the only difference I could see in ingredients was the addition of glycerine in the red box.

3P has a very simple ingredient set: Stearic Acid, Aqua, Cocos Nucifera, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum & Potassium Carbonate; yet, delivers a wonderfully creamy and slick lather. I'd alsy say the thickness of the lather (which we seem to equate with providing a protective cushion) is on par with Vitos. The scent is mandorla (almond) and it's less acrid than Cella, but (I'd say) longer lasting in the tub than Vitos or TFS.

To my reckoning, with a preference for simpler ingredient sets and taking into account the lather, the cushion and the post-shave face feel, my order of quality would be:

3P < Best

Thanks for that,

Thanks Chris, I was after some almondy AS/ASB suggestions as I have a TFS Mandorlatte soap and no matching aftershave stuff to match. But after reading here it seems I have to add to the stock with some 3P, being so highly praised. :)
Cella do a red aftershave and balm which may give you the almondy scent. I've never used it though so can't confirm.

Back
Top Bottom