3D printing, a way ahead?

Modern technology meets traditional wet shaving... Before....

and after....

The handle is an Alpha Shaving barbell design that was never produced, and the print files are on Thingiverse.

The handles came in at £11.43 each without VAT (20%) and shipping and the printers have a minimum cash size for the order, 1 brush was £40, 5 were £70.

Last edited:
Have Blackland managed to release the Era yet? I was assuming 3D printing was the hold up there.
Not yet, but I understand the release date is coming soon, or at least according to recent blackland post today. I've seen that they've been putting out a few more teasers over recent weeks which would suggest it'll be soon.

Hi, guys. I'm a newbie here.
Please tell me why so many people now have such a mania for these razors printed on a 3d printer? They are no different (as far as I understand) from ordinary razors. Because of the 3d printing, they are lighter and cheaper - that's understandable. Are there any other characteristics due to which, for example, I should order myself the same razor?

jjmiller, if no one has informed you then let this be a "heads up": many posters are worse than a brood of old hens in a shoe store!! If it's new & novel then they are buying it, all logic de damned!!