2 Factor Authentication (2FA)

What is it?
2 Factor Authentication (2FA) is an extra layer of security that can prove a person trying to log in to an online account is who they say they are.

How does it work?
After entering your username and password, you are prompted for a second piece of information. This could be in the form of:
  • Answer a secret question
  • A number from something in your possession like a credit card
  • A number from an authentication device like a bank token generator or mobile phone app
Can I enable it on TSR?
Yes, it is straightforward.
Click on your username on the top menu bar and select Password and Security

2fa1.png

Click Change

2fa2.png

Enter your password and click Confirm

2fa3.png

I recommend using the Verification code via app option. You can use either Authy or Google Authenticator.

2fa4.png

Scan the QR code within the app or enter the secret number. This will generate a verification code in the app which you then type into the box and click Confirm

2fa5.png

A list of backup codes will be displayed, these are used if you are unable to access your account using the authentication app so please make a backup of them.

After enabling 2FA, you will be prompted for a code when you log in. There is an option to trust each device for 30 days, meaning you will not be prompted for the 2FA login on that device for another 30 days.

They could hack your account and post that you love the one blade and all the wonderful modern stainless razors , and synthetic brushes !
Maybe the real TobyC does love those things, I hacked his account to make him appear to be insane. Or maybe TobyC doesn't exist and I am an outdated AI program run by some AIT flunkies. Or,... this reality only exists in @Boycie83's head and we aren't really here. :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom