1st attempt

OK so had my 1st try out of DE shaving, and despite a little bit of shakey hand nerves at the beginning alls well, and by the time I finished I was much more confident having had only 1 very slight nick but not enough to get the styptic pencil on.

No closer than my cartridge but my face feels less like its been sanded, and it was a 1st go so I'm happy. I was going very gently and only took 2 passes on the majority of the face and a third under the chin. There were couple of tricky areas, under the nose but I got that 2nd try, but couldn't really get the under chin areas on each side next to my jaw bone, however that took time to master with the cartridge too must have weird contours there. Interestingly the bit between chin and lower lip is much closer than I get with the cartridge.

I made 2 lots of lather the 2nd being much better than the 1st, and I'm very impressed with the vulfix brush. I shall shave with the cartridge for the next 2 days and have another go when I'm off on Wednesday.

Sounds like a good start Jeltz, have a look at the beard mapping threads that are out there get into a good pre – shave routine and turn something that used to be a chore into something to look forward too.

Stick with your set up for a few weeks until you are comfortable with the basics.

Enjoy and resist, oops, should be Enjoy and spend spend spend.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom