1901 sterling silver brush restored

Replacement 16mm bristle knot now glued in place. I had to reduce the solid stub end just a tad to get a good fit, used a scalpel not my dremel. Also, the overall length of the brush is about 5mm too long to be entirely housed within in the tube as intended with these brushes. I’m reluctant to reshape (shorten) the bristles as this will definitely adversely affect the nature and feel of the brush and I like to use my shave stuff. I’m not fussed as I don’t expect to be travelling with this one, main use will be at home.
Thanks again Toby for the heads up on the supplier of this particular knot. It arrived super quick from the US.
cheers Alan

D5EBD224-953C-4F3B-AE95-52D02C07E77E.jpeg

Replacement 16mm bristle knot now glued in place. I had to reduce the solid stub end just a tad to get a good fit, used a scalpel not my dremel. Also, the overall length of the brush is about 5mm too long to be entirely housed within in the tube as intended with these brushes. I’m reluctant to reshape (shorten) the bristles as this will definitely adversely affect the nature and feel of the brush and I like to use my shave stuff. I’m not fussed as I don’t expect to be travelling with this one, main use will be at home.
Thanks again Toby for the heads up on the supplier of this particular knot. It arrived super quick from the US.
cheers Alan

View attachment 104255
That turned out nice!

cheers Alan

View attachment 104255
Yeah, don't trim the tips or it'll feel like a broom.

Back
Top Bottom