12 months use from a cartridge?

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1073543748/razorpod-simple-innovation-keeping-your-razor-shar

That is what they are claiming. I notice that they don't have a super magnified image of a blade which is stored in the 'pod'.

And there was me thinking that the toughness of my beard was what dulled the blade! How wrong can you be! Keeping it ultra-dry is what keeps them sharp - like central heating, maybe?

A straight razor has to be stropped regularly and in doing this after a shave you thoroughly dry the blade - how come the much stronger edge on a straight will not stand more than a few shaves without stropping to refresh the edge?

I think Carl has it right - it's what you are shaving that affects the edge more than anything else.

Anyway, even if it does work I wonder what the payback period is compared to using DE blades.

So everyone is confident that blades are only ever blunted by whiskers and not the effects of corrosion? Fair dues.

Perhaps one of the authorities on shaving and stuff and things from this forum should email the inventor, in a Theo Paphitis way, saying his idea is a non-starter.

Then again, there's money in this shaving malarkey so perhaps it'll go the way of the razorpit and keep its inventor in cashmere socks, sea island cotton underpants, seal fur slippers and cuban cigars for the rest of his life.

Good luck to him.

Might even bung him a few quid myself as my money is making me bugger all in ISAs.

davylloyd said:
That's quite a claim.

I'd also be interested to know where he found cartridges that were sharp in the first place.........

I get 30 shaves from cartridges without even trying.

Others on this forum have posted the same.

That's pretty sharp.

Blade wear isn't too much about moisture and corrosion, some of the DE users (or OCD nutters if you prefer) on this very site dry their blades very carefully between shaves and store them well, I've even seen people store them in mineral oil. And yet I don't think I've seen anyone regularly posting a SOTD mentioning more than about a 6th use, let alone a 20th or 50th.
Blades just get damaged by cutting tough stuff, you can't really make science much more simple than that.

Back
Top Bottom