Travel brushes?

OK, I wasn't going to post about this but now I've kind of outed it en passant in my reply on the T3 thread, I thought I'd better start it so as not to derail the other thread.

So, I don't "need" another brush as I have a cheap scratchy badger (oo-er!), cheap Men-u boar and a soft synthetic by CCC. But I was thinking, rather than just buy another brush for the rotation, is there a compelling argument for a travel brush?

Obviously any quick drying synthetic brush would do, and I suppose you could just buy a tube.

I have seen the Edwin Jagger and Mühle travel brushes, which on the surface look very similar, EJ being cheaper. Both have that "James Bond attaching a suppressor" assembly routine that keeps the knot safe while in your bag.

Anyone think this is a reasonable investment of circa £25-35, or should I just put my CCC synthetic in a toilet roll tube?!

OK, I wasn't going to post about this but now I've kind of outed it en passant in my reply on the T3 thread, I thought I'd better start it so as not to derail the other thread.

So, I don't "need" another brush as I have a cheap scratchy badger (oo-er!), cheap Men-u boar and a soft synthetic by CCC. But I was thinking, rather than just buy another brush for the rotation, is there a compelling argument for a travel brush?

Obviously any quick drying synthetic brush would do, and I suppose you could just buy a tube.

I have seen the Edwin Jagger and Mühle travel brushes, which on the surface look very similar, EJ being cheaper. Both have that "James Bond attaching a suppressor" assembly routine that keeps the knot safe while in your bag.

Anyone think this is a reasonable investment of circa £25-35, or should I just put my CCC synthetic in a toilet roll tube?!
Toilet roll tube! :)

Paul.

Yeah, pure class! This is all because I'm away today and haven't got time to buy anything, so I've just packed the synth. Not actually a bog roll inner, I have put the brush and a travel tube of cream in a proper tube that a coffee tamper came in - so not as low-rent as it sounded, but the tube is cardboard, so basically it's getting me out of a fix today. For next time I want to be more prepared, so thinking I'll order a brush tube or maybe splash on a compact travel brush.

Blimey, for £2 it's cheaper than a tube to protect the knot! Practically disposable (although that's against my principles).

I've already got a £10 synthetic brush, just trying to decide whether to get a tube for it or go all in on a travel brush.
There's also the Simpson classic 1 small synthetic with travel tube, but then you're paying twice what EJ are selling they their travel brush for.

Yeah, pure class! This is all because I'm away today and haven't got time to buy anything, so I've just packed the synth. Not actually a bog roll inner, I have put the brush and a travel tube of cream in a proper tube that a coffee tamper came in - so not as low-rent as it sounded, but the tube is cardboard, so basically it's getting me out of a fix today. For next time I want to be more prepared, so thinking I'll order a brush tube or maybe splash on a compact travel brush.
You've gone from toilet roll tube to bog roll inner......pure class! :)

Paul.

When away from home I put whichever brush in to a cardboard box (the ones Yaqi brushes come in) inside my wash bag.
It affords enough protection and doesn't take up much space

Last edited:
Cheers fellas, glad to get a consensus. Gonna go with James's baking powder idea I think. Imagine all the tooth whitening you can do with a whole tub hahaha!

Cue national shortage of baking powder in every Lidl as all the lurkers buy up stocks ready for travel restrictions to end!

Last edited:
All i have ever done when travelling is to wash the brush out, give it a good shake and run it over a towel to dry it. Then it goes back in the shaving bag

Did that with real hair brushes and they never came to any harm - so synths should be fine.

I do have a travel brush ready for when (if) the world gets back to normal- its a 22mm Yaqi i bought of Amazon last year - its small and scrubby, but has since been replaced by a bigger Yaqi

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07D6C9BVB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom