SOTD : Saturday 12th June to Friday 18th June 2021.

SOTD : 13th June 2021.

114 .jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 11047 "Mixed Midget"
Face Lather.
Lather : Hampshire Wool Fat Shaving Soap.
Blade: Voskhod. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 39c.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

An enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups comfortable silky smooth shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sat Shave

Stirling Syn 26mm
OSP Bay Rum
Yaqi Raster V2- Bulldog Handle
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 4 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Life a bit more normal rather like going to work, up Shave, Shower and make Sandwiches and on the road by 8 and Home by 6. Was at a County Schools Athletics meet officiating, was nice to see kids in action.
Shavewise, stepped down in weight from The Claymore but still using a Kai blade. A good enough Shave, but I am thinking the Claymore is just a tad smoother.

490D66BF-B282-49B7-A579-CD31BD17A00A.jpeg

Sun 13 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade American Shave Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + Bvlgari AS Balm & EDT
Wonderfully scented, rich, creamy and slick lather from the soap...really enjoyed it...
Shave with the vintage razor paired with the blade with a shim was very enjoyable too...really smooth, comfortable & efficient in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues. Excellent aftershaves too.
20210613_093901.jpg

Good morning everyone

Soap - Ingrams Egyptian
Brush - Simpson T3
Razor - Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade - Gillette Rubie #9
Post - Myrsol Emulsion
Splash - Floïd

1FE4D013-1357-47D0-A0DF-CDD01AEAC161.jpeg

A quick shave before heading out to Dartmoor for a round of golf.
A very warm night down here in the South West so it was nice to get a bit of menthol on the skin.

DISCLAIMER- The Oil diffuser is to mask the smells of my bathroom after 12 pints of ale and a vindaloo. Do not shave with an oil diffuser. I do not take any responsibility if you decide to do so.

13/06/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water face rinse
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo
Soap: Signature Soap Danum
Razor: Pearl Flexi Adjustable #2.75,#2
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Cedarwood and Patchouli Aragn Oil and Balm
Aftershave: Signature Soap Danum
Wk24 (2).JPG
I am suitably impressed! what a great shave.
The Signature soap is really up there on the top of my soap tree, i do like my OSP soaps and never thought they would be "topped", however, the top of the league table is very close now.
Another wonderful Bowl lather today, then a face full of soft badger from the fantastic knot in the Silver Birch Brushes Cocobolo,
I set the razor on #2.75, my normal Rex setting and away i went, A really efficient 1st pass WTG, the blade giving plenty of feedback through the razor, i think my technique/angle is getting there with the Pearl, I then completed a full XTG pass, still comfortable, i thought i would try to back it off again to #2, just for confirmation, instead of a touch up i completed a full ATG "gunpowder" pass and yes, with improved angle the razor was letting me know it was picking up, but oh so comfortably.
A wonderful post shave leaving me Clean, Fresh, BBS, smelling like a 1970's student house party and ready to face the busy day ahead.
I do like this Razor, i have stopped shaking it now, there is no need, It works, it does what it is supposed to do really well for me.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

IMG_20210613_085353_0~3.jpg

Shave of the day, 13th June.

Pre - PAA unscented cube.
Razor - Pils 118NL.
Blade - Gillette Bleue.
Soap - Klar Sandalwood.
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Ti V2 Silvertip.
Bowl - Little Wren Pottery - Blue & Black textured.
Post - Baxter of California ASB.

A lovely shave using a soap that hasn't seen the light of day for a good while, it's a good soap and should be used more!
Superb clean finish and I'm very happy with today's shave.

Have fun in the sun but let's be careful out there! :)

Paul.

Last edited:
View attachment 71613

Shave of the day, 13th June.

Pre - PAA unscented cube.
Razor - Pils 118NL.
Blade - Gillette Bleue.
Soap - Klar Sandalwood.
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Ti V2 Silvertip.
Bowl - Little Wren Pottery - Blue & Black textured.
Post - Baxter of California ASB.

A lovely shave using a soap that hasn't seen the light of day for a good while, it's a good soap and should be used more!
Superb clean finish and very happy with today's shave.

Have fun in the sun but let's be careful out there! :)

Paul.

I'm not a badger brush enthusiast personally (I do not like the face feel) but I love the look of the bloom of that brush's knot.

13/06/21

View attachment 71612
The Signature soap is really up there on the top of my soap tree, i do like my OSP soaps and never thought they would be "topped", however, the top of the league table is very close now.
Brian's SS soaps are pretty much the only 'artisan' soaps I use on a regular basis.

OSP Soaps I find to be a traditional thick tallow lather, like Tabac's sophisticated cousin, SS lather's are the best vegan lathers, slick, good cushion and a nice neutral post shave feel.

Also the Danum splash is dynamite, for those who have the Hampshire Wool Fat Shaving soap, this pairs beautifully with it.

13/6/21

Pre - Unscented Shaving Soap
Soap - Hampshire Wool Fat
Brush - Yaqi Rainbow
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette Nacet (2)
Post - Cien Aqua

I find the Gillette Nacet to be quite an unforgiving blade at times, with some razors it's delightfully smooth as it was for yesterday's shave in an Old Type, but for today's shave it felt a bit rough at times, but I find it's one of those blades that takes a few shaves to settle in usually.

The shave itself was a good one but I seemed to have a fair amount of alcohol burn when I put the splash on.

Anyway gents, I hope you have a good Sunday.

u3AUVcw.png

I'm not a badger brush enthusiast personally (I do not like the face feel) but I love the look of the bloom of that brush's knot.

Brian's SS soaps are pretty much the only 'artisan' soaps I use on a regular basis.

OSP Soaps I find to be a traditional thick tallow lather, like Tabac's sophisticated cousin, SS lather's are the best vegan lathers, slick, good cushion and a nice neutral post shave feel.

Also the Danum splash is dynamite, for those who have the Hampshire Wool Fat Shaving soap, this pairs beautifully with it.
Yes, it's blooming lovely! :)

Paul.

13/06/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water face rinse
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo
Soap: Signature Soap Danum
Razor: Pearl Flexi Adjustable #2.75,#2
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Cedarwood and Patchouli Aragn Oil and Balm
Aftershave: Signature Soap Danum
View attachment 71612
Another wonderful Bowl lather today, then a face full of soft badger from the fantastic knot in the Silver Birch Brushes Cocobolo,
I set the razor on #2.75, my normal Rex setting and away i went, A really efficient 1st pass WTG, the blade giving plenty of feedback through the razor, i think my technique/angle is getting there with the Pearl, I then completed a full XTG pass, still comfortable, i thought i would try to back it off again to #2, just for confirmation, instead of a touch up i completed a full ATG "gunpowder" pass and yes, with improved angle the razor was letting me know it was picking up, but oh so comfortably.
A wonderful post shave leaving me Clean, Fresh, BBS, smelling like a 1970's student house party and ready to face the busy day ahead.
I do like this Razor, i have stopped shaking it now, there is no need, It works, it does what it is supposed to do really well for me.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All
It’s nice for something from Bolton to be up there around about top of the league. Lately Bolton seems only to be top of the COVID-19 league, but hopefully football team will finish top of League 1!! We live in hope!

Back
Top Bottom