Zafirro on Kickstarter

I like to mix it up between SE, DE, Cartridge and even the odd straight razor so I found this rather interesting.

Zafirro razor

If you're not a cartridge razor user obviously this is not really of interest to you - so this post is intended mostly for people that use - or would consider using - these types of razors.

I love the idea, technology and the possible reduction in waste but not so sure about the rather pivoting head.

72c9a384dc1ef0b52dbb127cbf1d2b0d_original.jpg

I think the point is how long they might last.
That's certainly a consideration but let's not forget that Gillette have already come up with a head that rotates in two directions. We want a shavers' razor, not just a new cartridge.

I also remind folk of the thread a couple of weeks ago about a razor being dependent on one blade.

All that said, this sounds like a step forward toward somewhere. So is it back to even more expensive cartridges to save money?

has anyone noticed, according to the kickstarter page, the project has been cancelled at collecting not that much under half a million dollars.

did refunds get issued? or did you suckers buy their new cars?

has anyone noticed, according to the kickstarter page, the project has been cancelled at collecting not that much under half a million dollars.

did refunds get issued? or did you suckers buy their new cars?

The project was not funded so no one was charged.
The founders posted some detailed updates in the comments section.

A few problems that I can see. Firstly if it's the sharpest blade on the planet - why would you need two blades in one cartridge. Secondly sapphire does not flex and is extremely brittle. This is not a razor you'd want to drop in the sink at $39 a blade or use pressure like you would with a normal cartridge razor. It appears they have made a very futuristic looking razor which probably won't shave as well as the latest Gillette, at 20 x the price.

Back
Top Bottom