Your James Bond, Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Who

I am totally stealing the idea for this from @MarkB from the "film" thread as it had me think which three I would pick - and curious what others would pick...

For me it's;

James Bond: Sean Connery,
Sherlock: Jeremy Brett,
Doctor Who: Matt Smith (I disliked him at first then he really grew on me) *Honorary mention to Tom Baker

James Bond: Timothy Dalton, he's the closest to the character depicted in the books to me ; especially in License to kill which is a Live and let die 2.0
Sherlock: this is hard... Come on, nobody for Robert Downey Jr or Johnny Lee Miller?:p I'll go for Michael Caine in Without a Clue, but it's almost a tie with Jeremy Brett. Michael Caine is the man.
Dr Who: I never got this TV show... Too baroque for me:confused:

Bond: None are close to the books and in this day and age you never will. Sean Connery was my first so is my pick
Sherlock: Brett is to the letter from the book. Rathbone was my first on screen Sherlock but looking back laughable especially fighting Nazis. Good but dated
Dr Who: Tom Baker. Jelly Baby?

Coming back to Bond. If they made Moonraker closer to the actual story in the book it would make a cracking film. With the exception of using the name of the bad guy the film had zero to do with the book so hardly a remake.

Top Bottom