Your James Bond, Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Who

I am totally stealing the idea for this from @MarkB from the "film" thread as it had me think which three I would pick - and curious what others would pick...

For me it's;

James Bond: Sean Connery,
Sherlock: Jeremy Brett,
Doctor Who: Matt Smith (I disliked him at first then he really grew on me) *Honorary mention to Tom Baker

James Bond: Timothy Dalton, he's the closest to the character depicted in the books to me ; especially in License to kill which is a Live and let die 2.0
Sherlock: this is hard... Come on, nobody for Robert Downey Jr or Johnny Lee Miller?:p I'll go for Michael Caine in Without a Clue, but it's almost a tie with Jeremy Brett. Michael Caine is the man.
Dr Who: I never got this TV show... Too baroque for me:confused:

Bond: None are close to the books and in this day and age you never will. Sean Connery was my first so is my pick
Sherlock: Brett is to the letter from the book. Rathbone was my first on screen Sherlock but looking back laughable especially fighting Nazis. Good but dated
Dr Who: Tom Baker. Jelly Baby?

Coming back to Bond. If they made Moonraker closer to the actual story in the book it would make a cracking film. With the exception of using the name of the bad guy the film had zero to do with the book so hardly a remake.

Interesting alternatives.

f52acd61335ea901e046f41778c58123.jpg

08.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Roger Moor, he was really too old, but to follow Connery was such a great risk, the other guy failed, a great guy too,
Jeremy Brett, a great actor,
Christopher Eccleston, re booted the franchise, another great actor, I first seen in our friends in the north, together with the current Bond.

Some funny answers up there
Bond has to be Connery, Daniel Craig is an excellent one for the modern times unashamedly stolen from the Bourne films
Sherlock - Cumberbatch and agree with the previous comment regarding Rathbone, I grew up on him but watch well now
Dr Who - Tom Baker, not seen any modern ones

Bond: Sean connery for me but I do enjoy Daniel Craig.
Sherlock: Benidict Cumberbatch as Im not sire if I've seen any other Sherlock film or tv programme.
Dr Who: Never watched it, my mrs tried to get me into it but just not for me.

Back
Top Bottom