Yaqi Synthetic Shaving Brushes

Before I start my question or actually discussion, I want to write some personal stuff :)

It's has been more than 4 years, since I last posted here and the last blog post I wrote on my own website Goedkoop-Natscheren.nl has been almost three years ago :eek: Basically my interests have shifted and shaving is something, I nowadays do once a week ;)

Yes I used to be a shaving addiction: I still have the whole pile of cheap stuff, that I bought more than 5 years ago. And I haven't bought any new stuff since, even not while visiting the United Kingdom with my car ( I love the UK and have done, lots of travel there over the past few years ) and even dedicated a Instagram account solely for the Great Britain :love: The name is GBRoadtrips :geek:

So back on topic: I like to shop on AliExpress, even though the wife dislikes it ( yes I married last year in July ) and was curious if I could find any better shaving brush. Anyone who been active about 5 to 6 years ago, might still remember that I was a huge fan of Chinese shaving hardware :censored:

The Chinese Gillette Tech is still in use from time to time and the Virginiasheng Finest Badger, is basically my travel brush. But obviously products from China have greatly improved: who would have thought 5 years ago, that you can get a adjustable razor for less than € 10? So I bought one as well, but sadly it turned out to have alignment issues: as actually reported by many users, but most seemed to be fine with it.

Ah well: so I haven't bought a new shaving brush for very long time, and been using mainly my Omega 66 Boar Shaving brush. And to be honest: nothing beats it in value for money. I found an Isana Boar Shaving Brush in my stock pile, and as my wife would say: it's lap sap! It's shedding tons of hairs and it's twisted inside the knot.

I guess that's why it was so dirt cheap and I only bought it, for the sake of buying.... it was sitting there unused for many years. So sorry for the long story: but I get down to my question or perhaps discussion, if it turns out to be one?

Does anyone have experience with Yaqi Synthetic Shaving Brushes? I put a few ones in my shopping cart, and some ship from Spain. I found one with a very long handle, which I like and I don't mind the rainbow colours either.

-248735295-2113631855.jpg

It has an 26mm synthetic knot, which looks like horse hair. The handle is 77mm long, about the same as the Omega 98 Professional Shaving Brush. Which was my favourite until I dropped it and it kinda broke :cry:

The loft is 55mm long and it's priced at € 13,86 including free shipment from Spain. This seems to be one of the cheapest options available, but the choice is immense :eek:

17112275652124656110.jpg

Another one which got my interest is this Red Marble Tuxedo Shaving Brush, it has an slighter shorter handle. But the loft is 60mm instead of 55mm, and the price is € 11,06 excluding shipping cost.

1368528725-1965377880.jpg

Next is this Timber Wolf Colored Shaving brush, which seems to have the same handle as the red brush. But only in blue colour. Again a 26mm synthetic knot and a loft of 55mm, just like the rainbow coloured handle brush. Also the price is € 13,86 including shipment from Spain.

690146786-3256634.jpg

Last but also least interesting to my opinion, us this Sagrada Familia Brush. It has an 24mm knot and a loft of 53mm. The handle is 48mm and what I have read online, some users found the handle to small. This one also ships from Spain and costs € 13,06 including shipment.

So has anyone experience with these brushes? Are these knots basically all the same synthetic material, and only colored in different colours? Because I read all the B&B fan topics, but I couldn't really make out what's the main differences.

That's why I haven't ordered yet, because the selection is quite big from this brand.

Hi and welcome back!

The Yaqi brushes are exceptional value for money and I'm confident you'll enjoy any of those brushes you've listed there. The rainbow brush feels different to the others and I've heard it described as almost like horse hair.

The Timberwolf and Tuxedo knots are also very good. You can probably safely choose on looks. If you find the brush has an unacceptable glue bump, Yaqi customer service is good and they'll quickly remedy the issue for you.

These are my personal favourites:

#Aliexpress ï¿¡13.71 | Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown Synthetic Handle Men's Beard Shaving Brush

#Aliexpress ï¿¡16.96 | Yaqi Chianti's 24mm Synthetic Hair Shaving Brush

#Aliexpress ï¿¡11.38 | Yaqi 24MM Sagrada Familia Black/White Tuxedo Synthetic Fibre Resin Handle Men Wet Shave Brushes

If you do a Search here on the forum you will find that we have beat this "horse" to death in the past with tons of great info within. ;)
I actually did a search, to make sure if there wasn't a dedicated Yaqi topic. But I mainly found SOTD's and with all due respect, I never find those kind of topic's very informative :oops:

When searching on YouTube I got even more annoyed: because most videos talking about Yaqi involves guys, shaving half an hour and talking. So I found that even more difficult to get useful information, because I rather watch woman's than guys shaving :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ah well, I guess I will do a deeper search with the search function. Topics from The Shaving Room somehow, don't show up during a Google search. Mostly the topics are from a American forum: there is a guy who owns 20 orso brushes from this brand.

I have the Rainbow one, very soft, quite thin fibres. A well set loft, ie not too low or too high (it's not floppy) and creates lather with the least amount of bother of all my brushes.
That sounds promising: I must say, that I mostly impressed by the handle designs. Because I remember five years ago, the internet was full with expensive brushes from so called artisans and many looked like how the Yaqi ones look.

Anyone a idea, how frequently Yaqi does promotions? I have the experience, that AliExpress has every month, atleast one ( fake ) sale and usually you can save a few bucks.

I actually did a search, to make sure if there wasn't a dedicated Yaqi topic. But I mainly found SOTD's and with all due respect, I never find those kind of topic's very informative :oops:...

30 pp. of info here:

30 pp. of info here:

Yeah I also read about the razors now, but indeed lots of info when you search topic titles instead. Because standard it would list every single post containing "Yaqi" and that's, how I found all these SOTD's.

I think I'm just going choose based on the liking of the handle, because I think there isn't really a best one. Probably they are all similar, with difference in knot settings.

It actually does help :) Is DS Cosmetic similar like Yaqi brushes? I haven't heard of them before, but they seem to have some nice ones as well. For now I'm just waiting a couple of days until I make the decision.

But I must say, these Chinese synthetic brushes seem to have greatly improved and I don't even consider Badger anymore. They are cruelly killed in order, to provide the hair for brushes.

My YaqI brushes see the most use, out of 7 in total

I have a 24mm Tuxedo with red marble handle, and a 24mm Chianti

Both are very good brushes and value for money is high

Back
Top Bottom