YaQi Silvertip vs Maseto?

Here's one for all you badger-lovers out there!

I know Maseto to be more 'tried and tested' and YaQi to be...well, not (excl. their synthetic brushes).

I love the 'Space/mysterious' handle, in which I recently got a tuxedo synthetic knot for not a lot of money. However, I want to revisit badgers and have one 'go-to' which I'd be using more regularly, having thinned my herd recently and with the mindset to thin it some more.

So, here's the question. Do I go bulb or fan? Do I go big or small (I'm thinking smaller this time around)? Do I go YaQi or Maseto?

The obvious answer to me would by hazard a go with the YaQi - it's cheaper, comes from the same country, potentially has the same knot, is the right size (listed 24mm) and has the option for bulb or fan with the specific handle and knot size!

Let me know which route you'd take, more info the better! Cheers pawb!

Here's one for all you badger-lovers out there!

I know Maseto to be more 'tried and tested' and YaQi to be...well, not (excl. their synthetic brushes).

I love the 'Space/mysterious' handle, in which I recently got a tuxedo synthetic knot for not a lot of money. However, I want to revisit badgers and have one 'go-to' which I'd be using more regularly, having thinned my herd recently and with the mindset to thin it some more.

So, here's the question. Do I go bulb or fan? Do I go big or small (I'm thinking smaller this time around)? Do I go YaQi or Maseto?

The obvious answer to me would by hazard a go with the YaQi - it's cheaper, comes from the same country, potentially has the same knot, is the right size (listed 24mm) and has the option for bulb or fan with the specific handle and knot size!

Let me know which route you'd take, more info the better! Cheers pawb!
24mm YaQi Fan is what I would go for. :) P.

As bought;

8485C28A-9EEF-48CF-865F-36887E60DA9E.jpg

Post-bloom;

149497B9-8D91-4D0B-A143-37EFFE246BC0.jpg

This thing is monstrous. Gloriously soft and a little floppy (ey up) but very much to my liking. It was cleaned today.

Step (a) Left standing with some OSP Bay Rum lather for 5 hours, massaged deep into the knot.
Step (b) Rinsed, re-lathered, rinsed and dried with a hair-drier on 'low' with a fine-toothed comb. 2 hairs shed.

Tips are not dissimilar to the Maseto 30mm 2-band I had previously, but the hairs themselves are definitely finer/thinner, giving the more floppy aspect. It's also a bit less dense than the 30mm (as to be expected) but looks as though it covers a similar real-estate. I would envisage this is not overly dissimilar to the Maseto 24mm Silvertip. The fan-shape also gives a very uniform, flat-topped spread in my opinion. Looking forward to planting this one on my face!

Back
Top Bottom