Wood Pellet Smoker/Grills

Don't know why I'm asking the question as I've just ordered one but has anyone got views on these products.
Just bought the Pit Boss Navigator and it looks the doings. It does the smoking, grilling, searing and baking so everything seems to be covered.
The reason i went for a smoker is I made Pastrami over Christmas, in addition to the tradition Salt Beef, Turkey, Ham, Tongue etc.
While making the Pastrami I couldn't get a good smoke in the oven and that got me thinking about our lack of BBQ as the old one had rotted.
Any view welcome and recipes would also help.

Interesting. A neighbour once gave us some lovely smoked mackerel pate which he'd caught and smoked himself. For centuries, people living along the coast here would have been doing the same thing: catching & smoking fish as a staple part of their diet.

I guess the pellets make it much easier to light & control?

A friend has one, not that model, a fair bit bigger, but the same idea. It's bloody brilliant. It has automatic feed for the pellets and auto temp control. You just programme in the smoking time/temp, choose what kind of wood you want to use, load up the pellet hopper and away you go.

He did a huge 48hr smoked brisket in it and it was just fucking epic, all he had to do was prepare the meat, programme the computer thingy, make sure it had enough pellets, remember when he had to wrap in foil and then take out to rest for a few hours. It was seriously the best brisket I've ever eaten in my life.

it can be used as a normal bbq too, so I think they're grate...

The master built 690 is a very good machine, not a pellet smoker but a charcoal and wood gravity fed unit, far far better than a pellet smoker that chokes on its pellets , a lot.
I use a broilking smoke xl offset smoker and have had excellent results from ribs to full 9kilo briskets , and recently even did pizza's in it.

IMG_20200807_204644_893.jpg

Im about to add a kamado ceramic, from monolith , supplied by https://www.bbq-barn.co.uk/Monolith Kamado Grill/Basic__The-Latest-Monolith-Classic-Original-(Basic)
My local and friendly bbq shop

Back
Top Bottom