Witch Hazel

I have started making my own after some tips on here, cheap as chips. Basic Witch hazel (Lloyds chemist, eBay etc) and drops of your preferred essential oils, approx 15 drops per 100ml. Mix your own scent. Put a couple of drops of moisturiser or glycerine in if you want/need and shake.

£2.99 for 200ml. Oils as you need them. 10ml bottle for less than £2 will last donkeys years.

Bought some so called 'organic' witch hazel recently and all I can say is 'Wow'. Leaves a wonderful sensation.

Away at the moment but as soon as I am home I'll post the brand.

It depends on whether you like alcohol-free witch hazel, or the variety with about 14% alcohol. As far as I know, most of the usual witch hazels available in the UK are alcohol-free, including Thayers. The only one with alcohol I've found is Humphrey's, which is nice enough, but nothing exceptional (apart from the pretty label).

If the plan is to make some special potion with essential oils etc., then the run-of-the-mill stuff is probably as good as anything, and the saving counteracts the cost of the oils, which for some can be considerable.

Back
Top Bottom