Wilkinson Sword Indian and Astra Superior

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
Got a pack of each from Paul with my Derby order. Anyone tried them? the Astra's seem to have a decent enough following.Love the disclaimer on the back : 'Made for Gillette UK under licence from the Gillette Company, Boston MA, USA.Made in Russia. :)

razor-blade-astra-superior-small.gif

wilkindia.jpg

I have about 100 of the Indian Wilkinsons.

They are very nice blades - better than the German-made ones - maybe as good as the last batches of UK-made ones.

Boab said:
Got a pack of each from Paul with my Derby order. Anyone tried them? the Astra's seem to have a decent enough following.Love the disclaimer on the back : 'Made for Gillette UK under licence from the Gillette Company, Boston MA, USA.Made in Russia. :)

I understood the Astra Superior Stainless are the "entry level" blades bearing the Astra brand (Stainless < Keramik < Platinum)... given the price difference between the three, the Platinum versions win every time for me.

Something to bear in mind is that in India, the Wilkinson Sword name is owned and managed by Gillette rather than Schick - so Indian Wilkinsons are possibly made in the same facility that makes the Indian Gillette 7 o'clocks.

I tried the Astra Superior Stainless. Not as sharp as the Platinums or Keramik but smooth enough. If you are a Personna or Derby fan give them a try.

Audiolab said:
I quite like the Keramik blades, I have the Patinims as well but to be honest for me there is not a lot between them.

Not tried the WS ones though.

From what I gathered (it could be incorrect assumption on my part) the Keramiks are getting hard to come by wholesale now - so perhaps they trimmed the line down to Stainless and Platinum? - especially since there's so little between the Keramik Platinums & Superior Platinums

I think you are right HM, I noted Paul has them marked as limited stock. They were both the exact same price so indeed they seemdd to be a duplication. I have a hundred stashed for shavocalypse.

I was thinking drop the coin on 100 of each and then offer out 5s or 10s of each (unless I try them and like them of course - in which case they all got lost in the post :lol: )

edit: strike whilst the iron is hot - I've just ordered 100 of each - expressions of interest in a 5 of each or 10 of each sampler welcome here

Hi Guys,

I got a Boxed Wilkinson "Sticky" today, inside the case were these Wilky Blades

They look similar to the ones at the top of this post, does not say where they are made though, are they USA Or German ir Indian ????

Back
Top Bottom