Wilkinson Razor in Waitrose

I picked one of these up 2 or 3 weeks ago in tesco's. It was my first safety razor, my experience with it was my first DE shave and it cut me up a little, but that was probably my technique. 10 minutes of research into DE shaving and I immediately got a Merkur 34C. Havn't tried the wilkinson again yet.

It does look and feel like a quality item though. Be interested to know how more experience shavers rate this razor.

Was given this razor for christmas. The quality obviously for most on here leaves a lot to be desired and the shave was quite mild however it can deliver a good shave and i have enjoyed using it. For the price it is brilliant.

I tried it with various blades and hate it with all of them. If you look at the blade positioning, it sticks out almost completely perpendicularly on each side which means one wrong move and it slices into your skin. I've consigned mine to the recycling and will stick with my Rockwell!

After reading this thread, I kept an eye out if I could see the razor anywhere (Waitrose don't operate in Northern Ireland). Now, I know I can probably get it online, but then it ceases to be a superficial impulse purchase LOL The only razor I ever see in person is the following, but I'll still keep an eye out.

wilkinson razor.jpg

Back
Top Bottom