Why shouldn't I buy a Game Changer ?

Paul L

Chief GOW
Ok, I've read lots of SOTD's praising the RazoRock Game Changer.
It seems everyone who owns one really likes the way they shave - smooth and efficient.
A solid stainless steel razor for £65 seems quite a bargain to me.

My quandary is that I already own at least half a dozen razors, of which only two are in regular use. These being a Timeless 0.68 Scalloped and my Rockwell 6C.
Would a Game Changer make one or both of the above razors redundant?

I put my Timeless up for sale over this weekend with the intention of using some of the funds to buy a Game Changer, but withdrew it as there was no interest.

I guess my question is - should I buy the seemingly perfect Game Changer ?

Ok, I've read lots of SOTD's praising the RazoRock Game Changer.
It seems everyone who owns one really likes the way they shave - smooth and efficient.
A solid stainless steel razor for £65 seems quite a bargain to me.

My quandary is that I already own at least half a dozen razors, of which only two are in regular use. These being a Timeless 0.68 Scalloped and my Rockwell 6C.
Would a Game Changer make one or both of the above razors redundant?

I put my Timeless up for sale over this weekend with the intention of using some of the funds to buy a Game Changer, but withdrew it as there was no interest.

I guess my question is - should I buy the seemingly perfect Game Changer ?
I haven't tried the the timeless so can't comment on that, I have the game changer and like the Rockwell it is a very nice and easy shave smooth and pretty efficient.

Where they differ is the Game Changer is lighter in the head and to my mind that makes it more nimble.

If you want to try one you would be very welcome to borrow mine Paul.

I haven't tried the the timeless so can't comment on that, I have the game changer and like the Rockwell it is a very nice and easy shave smooth and pretty efficient.

Where they differ is the Game Changer is lighter in the head and to my mind that makes it more nimble.

If you want to try one you would be very welcome to borrow mine Paul.

Yes, the 6C head is quite heavy, and looking at the Game Changer the head is quite a bit slimmer.

Thank you for the offer Russell.
If you were to send me yours you may never get it back!

Hi Paul. It's a tough one to answer. I've had two shaves with my Game Changer and I've enjoyed them both. I like the weight, the feel and grip of the handle and the size of the head.

The Game Changer is at the upper end of what I'll pay for a razor (I've only paid similar for my Fatboy and Slim Aristocrat). The only exception I'm likely to make to this is the EJ 3one6 as I'm keen to buy British in that instance. With this in mind, I don't have any experience with the high end artisan razors.

I think it's safe to say we've all had those 'wow' shaves when everything comes together and we've had them with razors that have cost
*Nice in this instance is high-end/artisan and not intended to be a negative reference of some of the excellent cheaper mass produced razors on the market.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi Paul. It's a tough one to answer. I've had two shaves with my Game Changer and I've enjoyed them both. I like the weight, the feel and grip of the handle and the size of the head.

The Game Changer is at the upper end of what I'll pay for a razor (I've only paid similar for my Fatboy and Slim Aristocrat). The only exception I'm likely to make to this is the EJ 3one6 as I'm keen to buy British in that instance. With this in mind, I don't have any experience with the high end artisan razors.

I think it's safe to say we've all had those 'wow' shaves when everything comes together and we've had them with razors that have cost
*Nice in this instance is high-end/artisan and not intended to be a negative reference of some of the excellent cheaper mass produced razors on the market.

Half my post was missing for some reason. The summary is if you've already got nice razors, I'd struggle to recommend the Game Changer. If you were purchasing your first stainless steel razor, I'd certainly recommend the Game Changer based on my experience to date.

I didn't like the GC84 and sold it off.

My Rockwell (6S & 6C) and Karve give a much closer shave with a lot more comfort.

Thanks for saving me some £
I have had a 2c and 6c and now have a Karve. Karve is better. So I don't need a gamechanger, although it is excellently priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well this forum has been running since 2009 and I think this may be the first time anyone has said that :ROFLMAO:
I was thinking about changing the name to The Enabling Room!
Well done for resisting.

[emoji23]
Don't worry, I'll only be resisting for a week or two, before spending the cash on something else shaving related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I didn't like the GC84 and sold it off.

My Rockwell (6S & 6C) and Karve give a much closer shave with a lot more comfort.
Opposite for me. Prefer GC 0.84 over both Karve (a little) and 6S (quite a lot so far). Just goes to show YMMV

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

I used a GC 0.68 for a month or two. In terms of build quality, value for money etc it was pretty good (especially as I got it used on here). Not sure if it was something I was doing but I always got some irritation and struggled to settle on a blade. Even my go to blades from other razors wouldn't hit the spot. I'd say it's worth a go as you can always flip it easily enough if it doesn't work out

I tried both gaps of the GC and never managed to get a good shave. Sold the both. It drags a lot. I am used and I like aggressive razors (timeless OC 0.95, Wolfman OC 0.80, Rex set at 6), but there is something in the geometry of the head of the GC that doesn't work for me. The Timeless gives much better shaves IMHO.

I tried both gaps of the GC and never managed to get a good shave. Sold the both. It drags a lot. I am used and I like aggressive razors (timeless OC 0.95, Wolfman OC 0.80, Rex set at 6), but there is something in the geometry of the head of the GC that doesn't work for me. The Timeless gives much better shaves IMHO.
Exactly the same as me. Could not get to like the GC. Tried all the blades I normally used...Feathers, Kai, Rubies, Nacet, GSB, Platinum (yes, I do like the St.P blades), Astras, etc, etc.
Never had a nice shave from either gap. Sold it to another forum member who loves it! (Go figure).

Back
Top Bottom