Which ,Witch hazel to make homemade toner

Hi ,Which ,Witch hazel does everyone buy who makes home made toner ,I've got the essential oils and some Glycerin but wondered where everyone buys the Witch hazel ,I've seen different prices ie Wilkes and Boots but wondered if some are better than others ,Cheers Ian

I used Humphreys WH astringent with 14% alcohol.
240ml £9.99 delivered from here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Humphrey...2:g:ISsAAOSw8Y1bv1GL:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true
Have you used aftershaves with alcohol before & do you have normal to oily skin?
If so, then I'd suggest going with a WH containing alcohol.

The results I got from my efforts are easily as good as the Proraso AS splash I was using, if not better.
I'm going to be making my own WH splashes from now on. I worked out I'll get my money back after the 2nd 250ml mix I make.

I used Humphreys WH astringent with 14% alcohol.
240ml £9.99 delivered from here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Humphrey...2:g:ISsAAOSw8Y1bv1GL:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true
Have you used aftershaves with alcohol before & do you have normal to oily skin?
If so, then I'd suggest going with a WH containing alcohol.

The results I got from my efforts are easily as good as the Proraso AS splash I was using, if not better.
I'm going to be making my own WH splashes from now on. I worked out I'll get my money back after the 2nd 250ml mix I make.
Hi yes I've used before but like you say make your your own and save money ,I'll but this youve mentioned thanks

Cheap stuff from home Bargains

Add 15-20 drops of your chosen scent to around 100ml of witch hazel.
give it a good shake before use to ensure the essential oil is in suspension

Cheap stuff from home Bargains

Add 15-20 drops of your chosen scent to around 100ml of witch hazel.
give it a good shake before use to ensure the essential oil is in suspension
Yep
I found 15 drops lavender, 15 drops peppermint, 10 drops tea tree oil & 18 drops glycerine in 240ml WH was spot on for me.

I'm lost? why do you add glycerine, I've had no issue adding 10 drops of lavender, 10 drops of peppermint and 5 drops of antiseptic tea tree oil in my 240ml bottle of T.N Dickinson's Astringents Witch Hazel

I find 10 drops of antiseptic tea tree oil is too much which already has 14% alcohol in Witch Hazel
Glycerine gives a nice moisturising post shave feel & very slight slickness to the splash. It depends what you're going for I suppose.

Glycerine gives a nice moisturising post shave feel & very slight slickness to the splash. It depends what you're going for I suppose.
I didn't know Glycerine is part of moisturising, glad I learn something new. I was about to create another bottle of Witch Hazel for winter season adding 15 drops of rosehip essential oil and 5 drops of antiseptic tea tree oil in my 240ml bottle of T.N Dickinson's Astringents Witch Hazel.

Rosehip essential oil is very similar to Glycerine which helps your skin reach its optimum health and get the glow you deserve. REDUCES FINE LINES & WRINKLES. Vitamin C and E within Rosehip Seed Oil help encourage collagen production, moisturise and block free radicals that can cause premature skin aging

I didn't know Glycerine is part of moisturising, glad I learn something new. I was about to create another bottle of Witch Hazel for winter season adding 15 drops of rosehip essential oil and 5 drops of antiseptic tea tree oil in my 240ml bottle of T.N Dickinson's Astringents Witch Hazel.

Rosehip essential oil is very similar to Glycerine which helps your skin reach its optimum health and get the glow you deserve. REDUCES FINE LINES & WRINKLES. Vitamin C and E within Rosehip Seed Oil help encourage collagen production, moisturise and block free radicals that can cause premature skin aging
Is Glycerin Good for Your Skin?
Through its ability to pull moisture to the surface from both the inner layers of the skin and from the environment, glycerin can work wonders for your skin's outer layer. It's also non-comedogenic, so you don't have to worry about it clogging up your pores and causing breakouts. Glycerin boasts a few other benefits, too, including the ability to strengthen and heal your skin's outermost layer, which also helps keep the skin moist and supple.

Back
Top Bottom