Which Synthetic and Which Badger

Hi All. I'm looking for recommendations please. Im looking for mid to high end both for a synthetic and a new badger brush. Whilst I have kept up to speed on razors and blades I've not focused on brushes so much and want to purchase new ones. Need to get my lathering technique sorted as well! All recommendation much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Difficult to beat Shavemac two band silvertip badger brushes for luxury and good performance. Spendy, but really good.
For synths, the Razorock Plissoft brushes are hard to beat. The Muhle Silvertip Fibre brushes are also very good, but they're more expensive for very similar performance.

For synths, the Razorock Plissoft brushes are hard to beat. The Muhle Silvertip Fibre brushes are also very good, but they're more expensive for very similar performance.

My preference would be the Razorock over the Muhle and more so if a soap is more the order of the day. I find the Muhle a bit hairy fairy for soap pick up and more suitable towards a cream. Plus of course the price difference.

Thanks everyone for all the help. Decided to push the boat out and go for a Shavemac 2 band and Razorock Big Bruce. Now to make sure I get that soap lathering technique nailed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You seem to have beaten me to the draw, but for future reference: Any shavemac is an excellent choice for badger. My favourite shavemac knot is Finest Badger. One hears very little about this knot, but as far as I'm concerned it is greatly under appreciated: I think it combines high quality with great face feel, performance and price. As for synthetic, although i remain undecided i've found that AP Shaving Synbad is as good as it gets in this genre for the present.

Back
Top Bottom