Which Hazel ?

The witch hazel I have is just a chemist home brand and doesn't smell at all pleasant which puts me off using it. Are there some sweeter smelling witch hazel's available here in the U.K that they seem to have in the U.S?

Haven't tried witch hazel (yet). For some reason I imagined it to be colourless and odourless. My job entails an early morning start (3am) and, very often, a lot of driving so I find my eyes getting tired. The eye drops I use to soothe my peepers on such days contains witch hazel. I like its cooling properties but otherwise, for shaving, does it offer any benefits vs an alum block?

No idea, some products have witch hazel blended but never tried straight off the shelf witch hazel.

Agree with SirPrize ask your pharmacist, not the boots one if you have a local independent these guys usually know their onions.

I don't know of any sweet smelling witch hazel that is sold over here. I have the Thayers Medicated with aloe and also their aftershave which I alternate with alum. I also have some witch hazel which I bought from Bodycare which I sometimes use and the smell is fleeting.

Back
Top Bottom