which de razor should i get from these ones?

D

Deleted member 12673

hello there seen a few de razors on amazon that i like but not sure which one to go for so i thought id ask you lot for youre opinion and thoughts please

like the idea of this one as i've never owned a fatip de razor and its a long handle, so might help with shaving the head
FaTip Retro Medium/Large Nichelato Double Edge Safety Razor

like this fatip because of the colours and also got to different plates
FaTip Special Edition Double Edge Safety Razor with 2 Different Plates

never owned a edwin jagger but this is the de86
Edwin Jagger Short DE86 Black Rubber Coated Double Edge Safety Razor

is there any differences between the above edwin jagger de86 and this below?
Edwin Jagger Amazon Exclusive Kelvin Chrome Plated Knurled Handle Double Edge Safety Razor

heres a parker, never owned one before, this one any good?
Parker Safety Razor 89R 120 g

last but not least a merkur again with the merkur never owned one and dont know anything about them too, is it any good?
MERKUR DOVO 15C Safety Razor

which would you go for and why?

i am leaning towards the first one because its got a long handle and its open comb but im open too

anyways many thanks saj :)

I have the Fatip Special Edition set.
After a few uses I bunged the Gentile base into a drawer. The Piccolo (OC) base is my favourite.
Wouldn't go the Merkur that you show. Aren't Merkur/Dovo going (or gone) 'tits up'?
Yeah, get the Fatip. The Retro if the long handle helps with shaving your head, or the Special Edition set will be fine.
I've found the Fatip to be a lovely smooth shaver, and yet it does shave nice and close.
Certainly not 'aggressive' (it won't tear your face off).
Just make sure that the blade is aligned properly before the final tighten down of the head.
OR...get one of these (I'm waiting for one to arrive here in NZ).
https://www.connaughtshaving.com/42146.html

I have the Fatip Special Edition set.
After a few uses I bunged the Gentile base into a drawer. The Piccolo (OC) base is my favourite.
Wouldn't go the Merkur that you show. Aren't Merkur/Dovo going (or gone) 'tits up'?
Yeah, get the Fatip. The Retro if the long handle helps with shaving your head, or the Special Edition set will be fine.
I've found the Fatip to be a lovely smooth shaver, and yet it does shave nice and close.
Certainly not 'aggressive' (it won't tear your face off).
Just make sure that the blade is aligned properly before the final tighten down of the head.
OR...get one of these (I'm waiting for one to arrive here in NZ).
https://www.connaughtshaving.com/42146.html

hey mate it was close but after searching online, forums, youtube etc
i ended up going for the edwin jagger kelvin as its got the de89 head and just a smaller handle,
really wanted to try edwin jagger out as i've heard good things about it

also ordered 100 astra green superior platnium

saw this cheap razor stand for £2.89 delivered thought not bad delivered

They are OK those stands (I have 2 of them), but they are alloy.
I don't use them for my expensive razors, or my heavier razors.
I live in NZ and we get the odd quake here! I prefer a nice heavy stainless or bronze stand just so it won't tip over easily if nudged.
DE89 head is mild. You will outgrow it, but it's not a bad head as such.

It was never really in doubt Saj, because you've obviously got it bad, but:

here we go...

tumblr_puykkb8iSh1qlh2mdo1_1280.gif

tumblr_pfgzvmoYXn1rv33k2o3_r1_1280.gif

Enjoy the ride mate.

They are OK those stands (I have 2 of them), but they are alloy.
I don't use them for my expensive razors, or my heavier razors.
I live in NZ and we get the odd quake here! I prefer a nice heavy stainless or bronze stand just so it won't tip over easily if nudged.
DE89 head is mild. You will outgrow it, but it's not a bad head as such.

yea i read that it was mild but i really fancy giving it a go especially being a British brand too

well i've told myself no more now but not exactly sure how confidently im saying that though (lol :poop:)

There's worse stuff to be spending your money on mate. If you get bored of it all or come to your senses, you could probably get a chunk of it back, not like if you'd smoked it, or stuffed it up your nose. Not suggesting you would btw, just comparing and contrasting.

It's a fairly benign hobby, in other words. Don't get into HiFi, there's some truly insane shit in there...

There's worse stuff to be spending your money on mate. If you get bored of it all or come to your senses, you could probably get a chunk of it back, not like if you'd smoked it, or stuffed it up your nose. Not suggesting you would btw, just comparing and contrasting.

It's a fairly benign hobby, in other words. Don't get into HiFi, there's some truly insane shit in there...

yea its true, could easily be worse in the times and days we live in tbh

nah not into hifi but into satellite tv lol

Do you believe that the cables connecting your gear make a difference?
nah not personally and i think even cheap f connectors do the job,
but if you ask some of the guys on satellite forums im they'll tell you otherwise,
i think its like anyone into the hobby some people go that extra mile

how about you mate?

nah not personally and i think even cheap f connectors do the job,
but if you ask some of the guys on satellite forums im they'll tell you otherwise,
i think its like anyone into the hobby some people go that extra mile

how about you mate?

I think a properly constructed cable should have absolutely no effect on the transmission of the sound or picture. I like them to be more robust than the cheapo ones that you get in the box with a bit of kit and (that's) it for me.

But of course you'll get arguments from people who have different opinions as to what constitutes “properly constructed“...

I think a properly constructed cable should have absolutely no effect on the transmission of the sound or picture. I like them to be more robust than the cheapo ones that you get in the box with a bit of kit and (that's) it for me.

But of course you'll get arguments from people who have different opinions as to what constitutes “properly constructed“...
are you into the satellite scene?

tbh i've only ever used cheapo ones but i think the only time top coaxial cable and f connectors will make an ever so slight difference is when trying to receive channels which are known to have poor signals but when i say ever so slightly i dont think theres much in it tbh

hello there seen a few de razors on amazon that i like but not sure which one to go for so i thought id ask you lot for youre opinion and thoughts please

like the idea of this one as i've never owned a fatip de razor and its a long handle, so might help with shaving the head
FaTip Retro Medium/Large Nichelato Double Edge Safety Razor

like this fatip because of the colours and also got to different plates
FaTip Special Edition Double Edge Safety Razor with 2 Different Plates

never owned a edwin jagger but this is the de86
Edwin Jagger Short DE86 Black Rubber Coated Double Edge Safety Razor

is there any differences between the above edwin jagger de86 and this below?
Edwin Jagger Amazon Exclusive Kelvin Chrome Plated Knurled Handle Double Edge Safety Razor

heres a parker, never owned one before, this one any good?
Parker Safety Razor 89R 120 g

last but not least a merkur again with the merkur never owned one and dont know anything about them too, is it any good?
MERKUR DOVO 15C Safety Razor

which would you go for and why?

i am leaning towards the first one because its got a long handle and its open comb but im open too

anyways many thanks saj :)

We're the wrong people to ask . . .

We've all spent way too much money on razors, brushes, soaps/creams and everything else

Best you stick with your Muhle razor and brush

I could suggest a dozen razors which might not suit your preference

Back
Top Bottom