Where to get empty screw top pots for shaving soap refills?

Looking for some pots 80mm diameter that fit the standard size soap refills. Don't have any used ones yet........ that would be a solution.

I read that if you leave soaps open they can lose some of their scent.

Ideas?

These are perfect. The 150ml tins arrived, and I used one for my MWF refill which fits with a bit of chopping with a sharp knife. I have some 250ml coming. These are really the answer for refills. The EPE lined ones are the ones to go for - there are some others on eBay which aren't so good in terms of measurements to fit 83mm diameter refills. The 150ml ones are interior dimensions 78mm by 35mm. The 250ml ones haven't arrived, but they should be ample.

These are perfect. The 150ml tins arrived, and I used one for my MWF refill which fits with a bit of chopping with a sharp knife. I have some 250ml coming. These are really the answer for refills. The EPE lined ones are the ones to go for - there are some others on eBay which aren't so good in terms of measurements to fit 83mm diameter refills. The 150ml ones are interior dimensions 78mm by 35mm. The 250ml ones haven't arrived, but they should be ample.

I've been pleased with them, I have a puck of Fine and a DRH in two of them, the DRH fitted with some encouragement and the Fine dropped right in. Even if you do have to trim the puck a bit you can squish the trimmings back on top so nothing's wasted.

The only issue I found was that when you stuff all the soap in and push it down it distorts the aluminium a little, so it's easy to cross-thread the top when you come to screw it on. A 125g or 150g refill is a tight fit in the 150ml tins. Waiting for some of the 250ml tins, and they shouldn't have that problem. On the other hand they're bigger to store. The 150ml ones are actually big enough. Which do you have Chris?

The only issue I found was that when you stuff all the soap in and push it down it distorts the aluminium a little, so it's easy to cross-thread the top when you come to screw it on. A 125g or 150g refill is a tight fit in the 150ml tins. Waiting for some of the 250ml tins, and they shouldn't have that problem. On the other hand they're bigger to store. The 150ml ones are actually big enough. Which do you have Chris?

I'm pretty sure mine are 150ml but it's a while since I ordered them. I wanted mine for 100g refills so they're a good size.

Back
Top Bottom