When beard mapping goes horribly wrong

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thebritishbeardclub.org/gallery1.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thebritishbeardclub.org/gallery1.php</a><!-- m -->

I hate to think what they'd make of us :shock:

I think research would show that bearded men are less successful on most quantifiable indices: I bet they have lower levels of education, earning, IQ, etc.

If they are too lazy / poor / stupid to shave then there's not much hope for them in life in general, across the board. (My thesis, in short, is that they are hairy losers.)

Obviously there will be exceptions but I think the correlation(s) will be pretty strong.

Having said that, Jesus was bearded so, err . . . I take it all back.

Rev-O said:
I think research would show that bearded men are less successful on most quantifiable indices: I bet they have lower levels of education, earning, IQ, etc.

If they are too lazy / poor / stupid to shave then there's not much hope for them in life in general, across the board. (My thesis, in short, is that they are hairy losers.)

Obviously there will be exceptions but I think the correlation(s) will be pretty strong.

:lol:

Actually, as a man of the cloth I thought you may have been more accepting of extraneous hair - doesn't the Church employ primates? :?

Rev-O said:

The Bible doesn't actually say but given the time period I would think that it was likely. Although I think the Romans were generally clean shaven. They used to pluck the hairs out if my history is correct.

You're right the Bible doesn't say per se but given that Jesus was kosher and kept all the Law(s) he must have had a beard as shaving is forbidden by the Torah.

How boring am I?

Flatfish said:
Rev-O said:
Although I think the Romans were generally clean shaven. They used to pluck the hairs out if my history is correct.

Yes, they did pluck out hairs. But according to Anders Larsen in his book 'Sharp Practice' (great read), more often than not they used novacila, a blunt iron razor :geek: . He also says :ugeek: that Roman soldiers, who had neither the time or tools, used pumice stones to rub off their facial hair :eek: :?

Suddenly those Derbys don't look so bad.

Jesus?

The divine word of God; in the beginning God created the universe by him and for him. He then entered the world and became flesh, was born as a man and lived the perfect life. He was hated by the powers of this world and unjustly killed. In his suffering and death he both bore and forgave all the sins of the world. His divine love and life were too strong for sin and death and he rose from the dead in joyful triumph. He returned to heaven and God made him ruler of all. Anyone who receives and accepts him will be received and accepted by him; through his death he cancels sin and through his resurrection he shows and shares eternal life of God. In a mystical or spiritual way the whole cosmos exists in him, and he lives in those who believe in him. He came from heaven to bring mercy to all willing to repent; he will come again from heaven to bring justice: the righteous will be rewarded and the dross burned. Finally, in an echo of the first statement, God will re-make all things through him so that they are new and perfect.

That's all.

You've all got beards? :?

On a serious note - and before matters get a bit too serious and 'them V us' - I think faith is a good thing. But we shouldn't forget that tolerance is just as important.

Ok, I've just realised that sounded serious in itself, not to mention a bit preachy. So sue me. (Not you, Mama Bear.)

Back
Top Bottom