What would you advise here....?

I've placed an order with 'shaving i.e.' It's not due for a while as they're closed for holidays and so I could easily send them a message to add to the order....and I fancy trying Proraso pre /post cream. They only do the 100ml pots, I believe, but they're quite a good price and would come post free if added to the existing order.

Obviously I would HAVE to get the green, but are there any thoughts whether it's worth trying the red and/or white?

Ta.

I've used all three. The Green I found far too strong and mentholly as a pre-shave in that it overpowered anything that came after it.

The white (sensitive) is my go-to pre-shave cream, as its menthol is very light and doesn't really have any scent. In fact it's basically not there - which makes me wonder if it does have any use but I believe it leads to a more comfortable shave. A small tub does last forever though.

I've recently acquired the red so have only used it a few times. The sandalwood scent is subtle (much more so than I'd expected) which is good really because I don't think it would interfere with the soap's scent. It is a nice warm cosy fragrance.

So my suggestion is "and" out of your "and/or" choices. Isn't everything Proraso do top notch? In fact do those Italians do anything wrong shaving-wise.

Get them all Stan , life's too short.

I'm interested to try the red, cos I liked the shaving cream scent. 100ml's a big tub though if you end up not liking it!

I like the Proraso as a pre-shave, it's similar to putting conditioner on your stubble pre-shave and helps to soften same. I use the green, I like the fresh menthol hit, in conjunction with Proraso green soap. Gives a very refreshing shave.

100ml is the standard pot size, not that big. You can also get a barber size which is about 500ml I think.

Thater brush by any chance Kevin?

Thater brush by any chance Kevin?

I'll say nothing till it's here and I know I'll keep it...Mum's the word :)

Why I keep changing me mind I don't know.

Ha.. it wasn't under the hat in the first place.. you pretty much put it out there in another thread and this one just confirmed it :)

Enjoy!

Hello Kevin,
I use the green because I am a bit of a menthol head !!!
I also like to use it post shave.
Gemstone Shaving on ebay have the 300 ml pots for £12.50
If this works correctly here is the link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Proraso-pre-shave-cream-green-XL-300ml-pot-with-Eucalyptus-and-Menthol-UK-stock-/281497055791?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item418a88322f

So you don't reckon I'd keep a job in MI5 for long then? :)

Well spotted there, SS. Indeed, as you say. £15.50 if you include P and P.

I've seen Gemstone recommended before and had one or two things and been pleased.

A virtual beer goes to the best half dozen suggestions from Gemstone...there looks to be some interesting stuff.

Back
Top Bottom