What to pick up on holiday?

This year I am going on a cruise on the Queen Victoria for something a little different. It stops at Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Civitavecchia, Livorno, Alghero, Palma, Gibraltar.

Anyone any suggestions on items to look out for?, we tend to go for a wander ourselves and enjoy going at our own pace. Apart from Rome I do not intend taking any organised trips. Mostly I intend just get to the local town, have a nice walk and a spot of lunch and back on the ship for a lie down a beer and a read (possibly with an afternoon nap). I will make a point of stopping in small pharmacies etc and hope to find some nice stuff to share out.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I was wondering the same thing, as I'm doin florida for 3 weeks in oct and wondered
What to look out for?
Enjoy ya cruse audio somthing we wanna do when da kids are off hand, only
Another 3 years and there outta school and can f off lol

When you get to Monaco pick up some Monsavon Bol a Raser.
White plastic tub with blue/white label.
This is a soft soap which contains tallow, has a citrussy odour, works well and is as cheap as frites in France.
Have a great time!

HM what would I want with a second sweedish Au Pair? is one not enough?

SirPrize I have a tub of that soap unused so far. I seen it on a US site at around $20 and was quite taken aback that it was so expensive over there. I will look out for more though as I can pass them on to the guys here who haven't tried it. It does seem to get good reviews so quite interesting. If it was not for the flight down to Southampton I would take an extra case, I really cannot be bothered to drive that distance and pay more than the flight cost in parking, fuel and time taken to drive down.

I do have one of my team who stays nearby to Southampton so if I do go a bit OTT I can phone him and he has said he will take a box or whatever I want and bring it up as he likes to drive up to our main site in Scotland and get the mileage allowance. Or if not coming up for a while will post it.

Colin SAGA is traditionally know as catering for old folks holiday but like all companies is trying to shake that image. You can the Van Der Hagen soap in any Walgreens and you will usually find it next to the Williams. Review here

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=40&ltr=V&sort=&order=">http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdispl ... rt=&order=</a><!-- m -->

Thanks guys will see what I can get a hold of, I am particularly looking forward to the Italian stops.

This is why i love the Holiday season because it give me the oppotunity to restock the shave den at no postage and package charges.
I task out and give all my friends a Shopping list dependant on where they are going on holiday.

At present i am waiting for the following :

Mum & Dad ( Italy ) Proraso, Cella
Kate ( Usa ) Skin Bracer, AV, Osage Rub, Thayers
Gordon ( Turkey ) Arko

I am just a bit pissed off with my mate dave who was so inconsiderate to book for the Isle Of White giving no thought for others at all.

I've just come back from Italy. I didn't pick up anything exciting although the Proraso soap and shaving cream were only 1.65euros at the local COOP Supermarket (5 Euros at Pisa airport).

....I did buy some of the shaving cream, hiding it under the fruit, veg and wine I bought at the COOP.

:eek: Much cheapness !!

I have no expectations, will wait and see. I am mentally hyperactive and physically underactive. This means I have good ideas and intentions but if it means getting off my backside often it gets left as an idea.

nice info on the proraso, I will be in Italy next month and was hoping to pick up some bargains :D

Back
Top Bottom