What should I get next

Tricky question.

The Futur is a very modern version of a DE razor. For some people, it is the ultimate razor, and I rate it very highly. The Futur is easily in my top 3.

I am also thinking of trying something different, and I have my sights set on one of the Muhle R41 open comb razors.

Ian

[attachment=0]

The Chatsworth imitation Ivory range is a best seller in the Edwin Jagger collection. As Europe's foremost manufacturer of finest hand made shaving equipment Edwin Jagger created the original Chatsworth range to meet customer demand for something like the genuine ivory of days gone by.
This traditional safety razor in imitation Ivory with hard chrome plated collar offers a simple but effective, single cutting action similar to that of open bladed cut throat razors
This Chatsworth range is light weight yet beautifully balanced.

Supplied with the newly developed DE head

Great razor :D

Attachments

• IV_SR_C_10.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 185
RB73 said:
[attachment=0]

The Chatsworth imitation Ivory range is a best seller in the Edwin Jagger collection. As Europe's foremost manufacturer of finest hand made shaving equipment Edwin Jagger created the original Chatsworth range to meet customer demand for something like the genuine ivory of days gone by.
This traditional safety razor in imitation Ivory with hard chrome plated collar offers a simple but effective, single cutting action similar to that of open bladed cut throat razors
This Chatsworth range is light weight yet beautifully balanced.

Supplied with the newly developed DE head

Great razor :D

Seconded!

I may be selling a rocket soon :) but I would probably recommend the R41.I voted OC ;)

Edwin Jagger DE 87/DE 89L/DE 86. Essentially the same razor, but with different coloured/finished handles.

My DE 87 is now my most-used and most-loved razor. Around £20, too, from the English Shaving Company. A ruddy-bloody-rootin'-tootin' bargain.

I will always recommend the Muhle R41 OC.

For me it gives the ultimate DE shave...as I said, for me...we're all different that's what makes the experimentation such fun and so annoyingly frustrating.

I find the 37C to be simply a milder form of the 34C HD. Damn good razor though.

The 11C HD/OC is good too, especially with a Merkur blade. (Honest men!!)

In short if I want a good shave every day its R41 / Derby mix.

As I said we are all different and what works for me (ie Merkur blades) may not work for someone else.

Good luck in your quest...

:)

Ask and you shall receive my friend, this is a comprehensive guide to the Rocket.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9206" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9206</a><!-- m -->

Back
Top Bottom