Whadya think - 4 shaves out of Crystal Super Platinums?

I've been trying Crystal Super Platinum's of late and been reasonably impressed. I am wondering when it will be time to pop in a new one. In the past I have started a shave with a blade and lived to regret it. That 4th shave with Wilkinson Sword was a bad idea!!

I have had 3 good shaves out of blade #1 in the pack so far. I'm wondering if the Crystals will still be good for a 4th shave tomorrow morning.

Any one have any comments on their longevity?

I've found when pushing blades it's worth paying attention to the first pass. I've felt some blades sorta tolerable on the first pass and had a horrible time on the 2nd and 3rd passes. Now I just put a new blade in if the first pass is a little rough.

No need for the 'I've started so I'll finish' mentality I used to have.

Unless I forget, I quit every blade after 3 days. Why settle for anything less than outstanding performance bearing in mind the cost of DE blades compared with Mach 3? Having said that, if works well for you for longer, go for it. But you must find out for yourself.

Crystals are high on my list since my return to DE shaving in fact No. 2 after Super Iridiums.
I usually manage 5-6 shaves with the Crystals and find them a smooth and comfortable shave.
beejay

We all have different beards. It will depend on the density and coarseness of hair, and how many passes you usually do, how good your prep is, how you store your blade between uses, etc.

For me, I use a blade three times then bin it - as Fido says, no point in risking a bad shave to save a few pennies.

John

For once I actually agree with Clare...plus (don't take this the wrong way) you've only been at it a couple of months you could only have had fifty shaves. Just decide what blades you actually like, stick at 3 uses and out for now and once you have decided on the blades that you just like then you can start testing for longevity if that's what you want to do. Me? I don't really bother, it's three and out whatever.

Back
Top Bottom