Wet Shaving Raffle

Evening all,

I've had a wet shaving raffle running since last month. I'm raising money for one of my fellow Army Veterans who is suffering with Motor Neurone Disease (MND). For anyone who isn't aware of what that is, it's basically a disease (that's) affects the brain and and nerves that control your muscles. There is no cure and is almost always fatal. It's harsh in the sense it gradually stops you walking, talking, swallowing, eating, moving over time and you can't put a time frame on how long you have.

Stu has recently undergone a trial stem cell treatment in Mexico that may reverse some of the symptoms, but he will still die. It's a matter of when.

I have had some fantastic donations from the likes of Executive Shaving, Signature Soaps, Phoenix and Beau, Barts Balm's, Wickham Soaps as well as some others. There are 3 different prizes (1st, 2nd and 3rd) and tickets are only £1. You can buy as many as you like. All proceeds will go to the GoFundMe page that was set up for Stu and the raffle is open to international wet shavers and postage is included.

All you need to do is go to this link https://raffall.com/142237/enter-raffle-to-win-stus-fight-with-mnd-fundraiser-hosted-by-andy-wilmer and buy as many tickets as you like. Few people have said they don't want to buy any tickets as you have to set up an account, answer a simple question and can't pay by PayPal, but this was the easiest and safest way to do this for all involved. What did we all do before PayPal huh? I've currently sold 137 tickets, but would love to get to 200 before it closes on the 23rd.

I know it's coming up to Christmas and money is tight, but if everyone on here buys just 1 ticket I would smash my target. Please please help if you can. I know the wet shaving community is massively generous so let's all club together and make a real difference. Thank you

Last edited:
What a great thing to do and I hope the treatment helps Stu. I've bought some tickets and hope you reach your target.

The address above has not made the link to the raffle so I'll post it again here:

What a great thing to do and I hope the treatment helps Stu. I've bought some tickets and hope you reach your target.

The address above has not made the link to the raffle so I'll post it again here:

Thanks buddy really appreciate that. Stu's a good lad with a wife and kids so I can't really imagine how he's feeling. Not sure why the link didn't work, but appreciate you sorting it out on your post. Spread the word!

Evening all,

I've had a wet shaving raffle running since last month. I'm raising money for one of my fellow Army Veterans who is suffering with Motor Neurone Disease (MND). For anyone who isn't aware of what that is, it's basically a disease (that's) affects the brain and and nerves that control your muscles. There is no cure and is almost always fatal. It's harsh in the sense it gradually stops you walking, talking, swallowing, eating, moving over time and you can't put a time frame on how long you have.

Stu has recently undergone a trial stem cell treatment in Mexico that may reverse some of the symptoms, but he will still die. It's a matter of when.

I have had some fantastic donations from the likes of Executive Shaving, Signature Soaps, Phoenix and Beau, Barts Balm's, Wickham Soaps as well as some others. There are 3 different prizes (1st, 2nd and 3rd) and tickets are only £1. You can buy as many as you like. All proceeds will go to the GoFundMe page that was set up for Stu and the raffle is open to international wet shavers and postage is included.

All you need to do is go to this link https://raffall.com/142237/enter-raffle-to-win-stus-fight-with-mnd-fundraiser-hosted-by-andy-wilmer and buy as many tickets as you like. Few people have said they don't want to buy any tickets as you have to set up an account, answer a simple question and can't pay by PayPal, but this was the easiest and safest way to do this for all involved. What did we all do before PayPal huh? I've currently sold 137 tickets, but would love to get to 200 before it closes on the 23rd.

I know it's coming up to Christmas and money is tight, but if everyone on here buys just 1 ticket I would smash my target. Please please help if you can. I know the wet shaving community is massively generous so let's all club together and make a real difference. Thank you
Please support - MND is such a terrible thing. There's a great set of prizes that would delight any winner

My Uncle died from that. He used to play for Enfield FC and England Amateurs back in the 60's 70's. Is the stem cell treatment a step in the right direction for a cure.

Hi mate. It's definitely a step in the right direction, but it isn't offered in the UK. It can slow down the symptoms of the disease and in some cases reverse the effects, but it's largely unproven and it can take up to 9 months to notice anything. I'm sorry to hear that about your uncle, it really is a horrible disease.

Than you to everyone who has entered so far it's massively appreciated. I really really would like to get to 200 tickets before the 23rd if possible. Tell your mum, your dad, your nan and grandad about the raffle. Tell your children and grandchildren and anyone who will listen! Share it far and wide and I know the wet shaving community can make this happen. You have to imagine me doing that really cry in the form of William Wallace to get the full experience!

Back
Top Bottom