Voskhod blades

Would not mind trying these. Anybody got a good uk source though for samples? Amazon and fleebay only in multiples and other suppliers are fine price wise but will add three times the price for delivery. ;) and yes I know I could get free postage if I spend another 50 squids on other bits.

Or...... maybe I have missed it but is there a dedicated blade swapping section we could use to share things for the price of a 2nd class stamp other than going in general trade section. ?

Thank you. Spotted the ebay create pack thing but some of them actually work out quite expensive. eg feathers are not cheap as many others. that said I suppose it is not a bad price if you want to add a few then take advantage of the 99p all in postage.

If you find the Voskhod then great. Will refund postage or send you some other blades in return. Not that I have too much to offer.

A blade swap section is a fine idea.
I believe I have a pack of Voskhod somewhere if I can find them I'll send them to you.
Or
Ebay Create Your Own Sample Pack
99p postage.

So is there an appetite for a dedicated section within the forum just for blade swaps etc? Not sure who should / could take this on. I have had a great response from members here just on the one blade. In fact one member sent me 3 other brands to try without me even asking. ( Cheers Steve ). I now find that I am also perhaps able to help others by way of return etc.

So is there an appetite for a dedicated section within the forum just for blade swaps etc? Not sure who should / could take this on. I have had a great response from members here just on the one blade. In fact one member sent me 3 other brands to try without me even asking. ( Cheers Steve ). I now find that I am also perhaps able to help others by way of return etc.
I think this happens anyway as you found out, most members are only to willing to part with a few of their blades if someone should like to sample some before they buy 100 or so.
Not only blades, I've received soap samples, blades, frags and even the loan of treasured razors, we help eachother out and all we need to do is ask and 9 times out of ten some kind person will respond.
I've lost count of the blades I've given to members and I've lent out a hand full of razors and given soap samples away but I've had just as much in return, blades, soap, frags, loans of some lovely razors, so it's already up and running all because of the great members we have here. P. Edit: it is just not blades ect that gets given freely, the advice that is given is of just as much value so in one way or another everyone has something to give, what a great place this is! :) p.

Last edited:
Ok, first run but the jury is definitely out on the Voskhods. Went level 3 in the 6s with a new one. 1st pass A - OK and comparable to any of the best I have tried. 2nd pass not so good. Got quite catchy as if the blade had given up after the first pass. Caused a little damage. Went down to a 1 but then could not clean anything up. Was therefore stuck between no cutting and damage cutting if that makes sense. Replaced it with a used feather on level 3 and cleaned up fine.

As I said, the jury is out but I promise to persevere with these on different settings and in different razors if only to repay the kindness of those who sent them to me.

Back
Top Bottom