Victoria of Sweden Royal Tallba Pine soap

Just tried it and not sure what to make of it yet. What I should have done is use it with a shaving soap/cream I'm familiar with instead of trying the new tube of Lime Godrej. Too many variables! I shall try it again in a couple of days. I did get a bit of tingling from the Tallba soap. No redness but some tingling, especially on my lips. Perhaps a slight allergy to the pine oil or maybe a case of my skin getting used to it? The lather from this stuff was impressive, probably dense enough to shave with.

I'm really just trying pre shaves to see if they make any difference for me. So far I'm unconvinced. Prior to this soap I've tried the Edwin Jagger stuff and Bluebeard Pre Shave Oil. The Tallba was great though, even if I don't find it improves the shave I do like the stuff a lot and I'd continue using it. I'll stop using it if the tingling persists though.

On another note I wasn't that impressed with the Godrej. I face lathered and found that it dried out very quickly on the brush. I had to add another almond sized blob to the brush after the first pass. I don't think it needed more water as I'd have liked the lather a bit thicker anyway. UPDATE: just tested the Godrej to see how it bowl lathered and it was a different looking lather to the one I shaved with. Looked much better and it actually took a fair amount of water so I guess it wouldn't dry out like my face lathering effort.

I guess the pine oil in it could be quite astringent to certain types of skin. I use Shave Prep Plus it's made in the Shetland Isles exclusively for the Gentleman's Groom Room. They use some nice essential oils in it, Frankincense, Bergamot and Lavender.
http://www.thegentlemansgroomroom.com

Thanks. Looks good. Shea Butter as well. You can't go wrong with that stuff. That could be going on my Christmas card list.

Occams Razor said:
I guess the pine oil in it could be quite astringent to certain types of skin. I use Shave Prep Plus it's made in the Shetland Isles exclusively for the Gentleman's Groom Room. They use some nice essential oils in it, Frankincense, Bergamot and Lavender.
http://www.thegentlemansgroomroom.com

Back
Top Bottom